Friday, January 26, 2007

Friday Funny

I know this joke has been around for a long time, but someone sent it to me last week and Guy posted it too. So I thought I'd pass it on. Sometimes I feel the need to preface certain jokes and this is one of them. I've never been a fan of Jesse Jackson. I think he's phony and annoying. But if you like him then don't read this joke. You've been warned.

Jesse Jackson, while visiting an elementary school, found himself in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings.

The teacher asked Rev. Jackson if he would like to lead the discussion of the word TRAGEDY. He heartedly agreed. He turned to the young class and asked them, "Can any of you give me an example of a TRAGEDY."

One little boy raised his hand and said, "If my best friend, who lives on a farm, got run over by a runaway tractor while he was playing in a field, that would be a tragedy."

"No," said Jesse Jackson, "that would be an accident."

A little girl raised her hand and said, "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove over a cliff, killing everyone inside, that would be a tragedy."

"I'm afraid not," exclaimed the pious Jackson. "That's what we would call a great loss."

Fearing more rejection, the room fell silent. No other child would volunteer an answer. Rev. Jackson looked over the class. "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"

Finally from the back of the room little Johnny raised his hand. In a bold voice he said, "If a plane carrying the Rev. Jesse Jackson were struck by a missile and blown to smithereens that would be a tragedy."

"Fantastic!" yelled Jackson. "That's right. And can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?"

"Well," says little Johnny, "because it sure wouldn't be a great loss, and it probably wouldn't be an accident either."

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 Comments:

Blogger Brad B... said...

oh man thats funny... i dont care who you are...

2:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need more people like Jesse Jackson around here (Columbiana County, Ohio); this area is very white. That's one of the things I miss from my little church in NJ where we lived in a diverse small village, and the church had both black and white people, and we respected one another; like one big family.

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home