Monday, January 22, 2007

Thoughts...

Wow. It got heavy in here fast. To quote a movie [which is rather relevant this morning,]

"How 'bout them Bears?!"

The interesting thing about the whole "Pay" talk is that I never stated my stand on the issue. I clearly and strongly stated my stand on the pastor's role in the church, and on the fact that we need to take a look at the model laid out for us by scripture in that area. But I never said we shouldn't pay pastors. I argued a side of the argument to get people thinking and it worked. I don't reveal that as an "I got ya!" moment. I say it b/c I think it's interesting to see how people feel or don't feel about certain things. And I find it very interesting how we get so animated about so many things within the church. It's great for the church to dig deep into issues so as to define their doctrine. But when that digging gets in the way of witnessing, caring for the weak, and all the other stuff Steve and Andrew mentioned, we lose sight of our purpose as Christians. Our job us to go out and reach the lost. Period. The other stuff is just that, stuff.

One other thought... God didn't call His people to be a complacent group; rather He called us to always be out there on a limb. To always search and to never be satisfied with the status quo. I am personally glad He did that for us and I want to strive to do that for Him.

Thanks for reading and participating so much the last few days. I really enjoyed it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Thanks for the topic!

New topic...
As a christian, is it okay to murder people?

11:24 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

If they get on your nerves and there is no other solution to get them off, Absolutely.

12:21 PM  
Blogger lyndsay said...

Does it not say in the bible one of the ten commandments thou SHALL murder under all circumstances? As long as you of course, confess and ask for forgiveness. Yes i'm positive that's an excact quote.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home