Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Plans and eggs

I want to thank everyone who commented on my 33 post. After seeing the theme of the comments, I went back and re-read the post. I'm sorry if it seemed like I was a bit depressed or concerned for my own well being and future. Please know that even though I'm eager and anxious to do my best in this important year of my life, I'm even more excited about what it'll bring. I probably should have stressed that it was a good thing when Steve gave me that revelation of existence. I want to do my best, and yes, I'm worried that I may fall short, but the thing that gets me through is what Kyle mentioned about Grace. Jesus already did enough for me that the grace He provides is enough if I fall short. The good part about following God is that I can screw up many times and still have one more chance to make a go of it. Pretty cool.

Yesterday was the end of something for me and Ell and I wanted to share it with all of you. A month or so ago, Ell's grandpa talked to her about the fact that he and Ell's grandma were going to move. Part of that move was to involve the selling of their house. The house is a century home with something like 2700 square feet not including a full, finished third floor apartment and a full basement. A big house. Too big, in fact. So we had a plan: we would buy it with a married couple friends of ours and live together. We could even rent out the third floor. All in all, it would save both couples a huge amount of money. Ell and both of them are in college, so extra money is always a good thing.

After all the money and work info was compiled, we didn't get it. I won't go into the details, but both couples had some issues that we weren't able to overcome. So the deal is dead. When I found out, the only thing I could think if was, "Don't count your chickens before they're hatched." I was very careful to not get my hopes up about this deal, but after talking to the other couple and to Ell's grandparents last night, I felt like I had egg yolk all over my head. Despite my best efforts, my brain was working on plans for the house. Oh well. I'll just wash my hair and we'll move on with life. I'm not sad, just disappointed for Ell and our friends. They were excited and now are left a little empty.

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

I was excited when I heard of your working plans for the house. I wasn't excited you were moving, I was just happy that you confirmed the fact that you would be willing to shake life up and not just stay in a rut. I will say that there is something special about the house you own now, and If I am to be selfish, I am happy to spend time with you there.

Thanks for posting

12:58 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

It's just a bummer is all. I love that house and to see another of my Grandparents amazing houses go away is just another of a disappointment. Plus the fact that it would have been a great party house. With 3 college people in it we could have made it a fraternity/sorority house and made one room the kegger room. Ha! Not really, but just a thought with all of the space that was in it. It really would have meant extra cleaning, heating bills thru the roof, no yard for a garden or tackle football, no real privacy and the list goes on. I am disappointed but with knowing that we at least tried and that we aren't totally stuck to our house we are in sends a new excitement to be open to new things! Ya wanna keep looking? Maybe Minneapolis, Seattle, where ever yo!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

my first thought was naturally "what's wrong with you? you let that go?" it sounds like it would be a great house for community living... but then when laura said "no yard or garden, I thought "Praise God! it fell thru!" if youre looking for places to live, you really should consider pittsburgh. You could get that giant house for pretty cheap and maybe even a vacant lot next door to put your garden.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Sorry it didn't work out. We would have been neighbors and the prospect of a kegger room... I'm disapointed and a little empty too.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home