Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Some shout-outs

The first one goes to Zoooooooooma, my musical blogging record keeper. He seems to have taken a little break from going through his blogroll. Well, yesterday he made up for it. He must have gone back through a month or so's worth of posts and commented on over half of them. I have my comments emailed to me b/c I can't get on my blog at work. So all day and then this morning he filled up my inbox. So, shout-out to you my friend, thanks for all the great stuff to think about.

The second goes to my friend Evan. He called me from Bahrain today; TWICE! It costs him a lot of money to call us here in the 'ol U.S. of A., so it was awesome to talk to him not once, but twice. He had enjoyed his fill of libations before he called me, so it was a pretty fun conversation. Miss ya man, these next two weeks before you get home are gonna be long.

The third is my dear wife. She had a pretty cruddy day today. First she had school which consisted of an eighteen page test and having to complete three papers. Then she had to head to two separate meetings for the cafe. Then it was back to school for the rest of her day's classes. Tonight she has to deal with me. All of this while she's battling this cold. And it's a cold that her professor told her she was gonna get. She hates it when people tell her she has to do stuff and she can't do anything about it. So this cold really pissed her off. Love ya Babe!

Fourth is my dear friend Dave. You said you felt left out when I issued ideas to all my non-posting mates. So here you go: Talk about your kids and your feelings as they all leave home for far off lands. Tell us about your plans to open a restaurant or your lifelong dream of owning a coffee shop. Talk about the third place ideal. Tell us why you have aversions to people looking up to you as their pastor. (And no, that's not the same thing as your "pastor title" post. Share your feelings.) Tell us about your biking stuff. (I didn't even know you liked to do that until this summer.) That should do for now. Now get writing.

Fifth is to my teller Linda. She doesn't have a blog, nor does she ever comment on mine. But she faithfully reads eleven and challenges my ideas often. Love ya lady.

Sixth shout-out goes to my new blogroll addition, Paul. Paul is the pastor of the New Hope church in Boardman, Ohio. The guy posted a video and lyrics from a Pearl Jam song on his blog. And he wasn't ripping on it either, he loved it. From everything I've heard about this guy (never met him,) he is the type of person who can and will change the world's negative image of pastors. He sees himself not as someone to rule over and control, but rather to be a traveler just like the rest of us. But at the same time, seems like he would be a great resource to disciple a new christian. Hope to meet you soon, brother.

And lastly, this is to all you questioners. I can't believe you haven't shot anything my way. Come on, the gloves are off for only two more days. Here's your chance.

Good night all, have a great one.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

You're right Sam. I was thinking the other day that some questions should come your way. Okay here goes:

1. Have you ever done anything illegal?

2. Describe your perfect meal.

3. What is your favorite mode of transportation? Why? How many different ways have you traveled?

4. If a tree falls in the woods and there is no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?

5. Do you find people to be supportive of your decision not to have kids? Has anyone ever tried to change your mind?

10:26 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

PS.
I believe Bethy posted some questions for you on one of her recent blog posts.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Zoooma said...

Wow, i love those questions!!! Especially numero 5 (I believe God would approve of the world taking a break from procreating for awhile, especially when so many children needlessly suffer and when America's immense wealth could do a lot about it... but so much of that wealth is tied up in raising America's children, which means so little can be used to help others... but then this isn't my blog to talk about that most controversial sbject, sorry.)

Anyway, thanks for the shout-out and maybe today or tomorrow I'll catch up with the rest of November (but I'll try not to fill your e-mail box with too much stuff.)

Have a great day!

9:08 AM  
Blogger kimw said...

I've had great lettuce, Sam, and I agree with you about its virtue as a truly spectacular veggie!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Paul Dazet said...

Sam,
Hey man! Thanks for the kind words.
Looking forward to meeting you as well.

Keep rockin'

Paul

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home