Saturday, November 15, 2008

Day fifteen

Well, mark one more off my life list: getting drunk and getting a tattoo. Well, I don't get drunk but we did decide to get inked after consuming alcoholic beverages which still makes it just as funny.

OK, so here's the story. A couple friend of ours called us last night to see if we had evening plans. (I'll protect their privacy unless they want to speak up.) We kind of had plans but threw them aside because we don't get to hang out with these cool cats often enough.

So we headed to their house around 7:30 and walked in to find them drinking some wine. This struck us as odd because they had stopped drinking almost two months previous. Not for any bad reasons, but just to set aside something from their lives. Once a month they treated themselves to the joy they'd given up, and we happened to be joining them on that glorious night.

The wine was followed up with some amazing tasting and alcohol-content holiday beer and a great dinner. As we sat and let dinner digest, the lady of the house commented that last month on their one drinking night, she had gotten her nose pierced. Jokes were then passed around what she could possibly do to trump that. After some bad other-body-part piercing comments, Ell made the suggestion of a tattoo. After some convincing we talked the man of the house into the idea, and I started making phone calls.

An hour later all of us spent five minutes each in the tattoo chair and came away with mostly matching tattoos. But more importantly we have an awesome story to tell and some great memories. So yes, we went drinking and got tattooed. WhooRaaa!

6 Comments:

Blogger HennHouse said...

You are so funny, Sam. Just so very funny. If it were April 1, I wouldn't believe this story is true.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Oh it's true. There's a little something on my body (and on three other people's) that proves it. LOL!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Dare I ask you to post a picture of said tattoo?

Also, get crackin' on answering those questions! Drunkenness and tattooing is no excuse to slack on the queries.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

As one part of the two-part original mustache clan, I want to say welcome.....this new tattoo will bring incredible amounts of smiling faces to various onlookers. Congrats, I couldn't be more proud of you and your sexy pants wife at this very moment. On a side note, I think we need to talk to those people at NIA and copyright it......there will then be a screening process, the survivors will then be judged on who is worthy of the power that this tattoo holds. Whoever makes it out alive is indeed worthy.

4:40 PM  
Blogger vic said...

Sam,
I wonder how long it will take me til I no longer look at my hand and smile.

Megan, a handbook on usage might be helpful. I barely resisted the temptation to distract during New Hope's gatherings...oh, the power.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Vic, there's already been a bunch of times this morning I've remembered it's there and immediately tried to hide it, and then of course, laughed. Oh, that will long be one of my favorite nights.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home