Monday, November 17, 2008

Day seventeen

First, Kimmy's questions...

1) Describe yourself in ten words, ALL starting with the letter C.
  1. corny
  2. compassionate (wouldn't have been on the list a few years back)
  3. compromising
  4. candle-lover
  5. charitable
  6. compost
  7. currency-counter
  8. contemplative
  9. conspiracy-theorist
  10. catch

2) Describe in detail, your idea of the perfect vacation, including who would accompany you on said trip. Money is no object.

Ooo, tough one. There are so many cool places I'd like to go. And so many places I've been I want to go back to. Hard to decide...... I guess I'll pick Hocking Hills. We stay a week, go with a bunch of good friends, in a cabin or series of cabins, secluded away from it all but close to it all (if you've been there you know what I mean), hiking everyday, eating good with my excellent cook wife and friends, pipe smoking in the evening, hot tub at night. I know we do that every year, but maybe that's why we do it every year.

3) If you could spend an entire day with a famous person, living or dead, who would it be? What would you do, and what would you talk to them about?

The obvious one is Jesus. What a day that would be! But since I have other friends already meeting with him on their "one" day, I'm sure they could squeeze in a couple questions for me. So my answer would be E.H. Gill. Gill was the primary engineer on the Sandy Beaver Canal. He was the real mastermind behind much of the ahead-of-their-time upgrades and advancements that made the canal a reality. His daughter is the namesake (and ghost story) of Gretchen's lock and present day Guilford Lake is named for him as it was one of the man-made reservoirs that supplied the canal. I think it would be super interesting to pick his brain and to take him to what's left of the canal today.

4) What is your favorite Christmas memory/tradition?

My Mom is 100% Scandinavian so we followed a lot of Swedish traditions. One of which is we put up our Christmas tree on St. Lucia day. As I became a teenager, a decorating tradition was established. For a good eight or nine years I broke a glass Christmas bulb every year. It was never on purpose and always an accident. It wasn't funny the first few years but it got pretty hilarious as the years went on.

5) If you had to live on one food and one food only for the rest of your life what would it be?

Oh that's easy; Apples.

6) Have you ever seen Sam naked? (See Sam’s post for details.)

I'm naked as I write this, so yeah. Naked blogging, you should try it. It's quite exhilarating. Walking by my office is of course a shock, but I'm OK with the stares of strangers.

7) If you could be invisible for an entire day, what would you do? Where would you go? Would you tell anyone or would you just hang out alone?

I'm sure I'd tell some people so I could share with them after the fact. I'd visit some enemies and listen in on some conversations. And I'd probably do the same to some friends and then baffle them later with my new-found psychic powers. Yeah, that'd be fun. And of course I'd take a trip to Dolly Parton's house and take a gander at those things. I mean, c'mon, like you've never been curious?!

3 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

You'd really choose apples?

I love a good apple, but I'm positive I'd starve to death if I had to live off them.

Plus it would be very costly.

I'd have to replace my entire wardwobe to compensate for the dozens of pounds I'd lose.

As for the invisible question, after I answered it, I thought it would be fun to cover in a white sheet and go around scaring everyone into believing they had a ghost in their house.

Of course, I stole that idea from Spongebob and Patrick.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Apples are my favorite food, so that's why I chose them. Of course, too much of anything, even good stuff, will turn bad or gross if that's all you had.

And the sheet/ghost thing? I'm totally doing that too. That would be so much fun.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

I just had a vision in my head of somebody walking past your office with you fully clothed then walking past your office a minute later with you stark naked. I imagine they would say something like "Oh look! Sam's blogging again!"

And I think I would live off of chimichangas. That's pretty much what I did in Pittsburgh anyway...

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home