Friday, September 01, 2006

Cha Cha Cha Changes

My life has taken some major changes in the past week. So as not to bore those of you who have only this rag as contact with me, and so as not to slight those of you who know me well (and who deserve more of an explanation than what I can offer here) I'll keep this short........ Ell and I have left the Upper Room, the church we attended. All I care to say is that I hate when religion creeps into churches. That may confuse some, but anyone who knows what a real relationship with God is as opposed to what a church offers, knows what I mean. The decision to leave the church was not a hard one, but the fact that it meant I had to leave the Youth Group was terribly difficult. And to be honest, that was the only thing that has kept us there as long as we've been there. We tried to fight it for as long as we could, but we just weren't being fair to ourselves or to the ministries we were involved in. God wanted us to leave and we tried to fight it. Last week we decided to stop fighting. And so last Sunday was our last week and next Wednesday is our last youth group. Those of you who believe in God, please pray for us. The decision was not an easy one for us and we are still struggling with the repurcusions that it will cause with the youth. If any of you want to talk to us, please call me. I'd be happy to talk to you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Can't really say I'm sorry...but I know it's not always fun to do the right thing. It will work out well for you though. Obedience is always rewarded.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Sam, Mike and I's prayers are with you both. Even if the decision to leave comes easy, because you know it the right one, it doesn't make what you are facing easy. I truly believe that God orders our steps and that includes when he calls us out of one church and on to another. Ditto what Adrienne said, obedience IS always rewarded.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Our prayers are definitely with you in this. We know firsthand what a difficult decision it is to walk away from a church where you've been so involved with the youth. Feel free to give us a call if you ever have need to talk. God bless you both for your willingness to follow his leading for your lives.

12:50 AM  
Blogger GUYK said...

As one who believes that my relationship with my creator is between me and my creator, I do understand. Churchs have a tendacy to create god in their own image instead of vice versa

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home