Monday, January 29, 2007

Cozy by the fire

Every Friday night Ell and I head to the Dutch Village Inn to take advantage of the free Wi-Fi, and also to hang out with our very good friends who are usually working there at Starbucks. Since the bitter cold of winter has finally come to rest on NE Ohio, we can't stray from our home for more than 3 hours at a time or our fire will go out. No fire, no heat. [Spend a night in a drafty old log house and you'll see why this is so important!] So after they got off work, we all headed back to our house. We played cards for an hour or so, and then looked through photo albums in front of the fire.

As it tends to do, the fire took affect and we all got pretty sleepy. Ell got some pillows and blankets and we all crashed on the floor in front of the fire. Like sardines, all five of us spent the night cuddled up around the heat. I haven't done something like that in a long time. It was so much fun. When we were younger Ell and I used to do that all the time. It was so romantic and nice. But now we're old farts [sorry Ruth] and we know we have a big comfy bed we could be much more comfortable in. Not nearly as romantic, but much softer. But our friends wanted to sleep by the fire, and we wanted to be with our friends. So we slept right beside them on the floor. It was so random we'll be talking about it for a long time!

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Yeah that was pretty crazy. I enjoyed it too. It seems like we don't get to do that spontaneous stuff as often as I would like. The best part of it was all the snoring and coughing around my head and the fact that my face was right by the fire, so while my body was cold my face was turning to leather as the night went on. So you all can call me Leatherface when you see me next. HA!!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

My allergies never bothered me that night. It was sweet. Good times.

1:17 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I'm one of those people that have never understood why you'd give up a big soft bed. But then again, how many people blog that, "last night we got tired and went to bed. We slept in our bed. It was soft and comfortable."?

A fire doesn't sound too good tonight. I was at my mom's this evening and something is wrong with her chimney and the house was so smokey I smell like a smoldering log. Finally, they had to let the fire burn out and just use an electric heater and it wasn't very warm. Hopefully Adam can fix it this weekend.

I didn't realize you lived in Lisbon. Or, I guess you could live in East Liverpool, because I think there's an Italo's there too...anyway.

I wasn't too jealous because I can't really even remember the food. I just remember getting excited if we could talk my mom into pizza because, "they're only $5.00." I do get jealous of people who get Westgate though.

I guess I should have made this a post instead of hogging up all your comment space.

2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home