Friday, November 30, 2007

Answers, pt. 4

Adrienne:

1) Do you feel like a banker? 'Cause, I still can't get the banker part of you to mesh with the other parts of you.
Not so much. (I should share my testimony sometime and you'd see why I'm where I'm at and the fact that it truly doesn't mesh. Another time though.) I see myself as more of a blue collar guy. When I was pretty young my Dad asked me what I wanted to be. My answer? A factory worker. No lie. I wanted a simple life where I could work hard, make money, and still have time for my life and family. I knew even then that I never wanted work to mix with home. (When I got older my answer changed to Farmer.) But I'm good at what I do. Really good. Not sure if that fact makes me a banker though. But the position I'm in now I can work hard, make money, and still have time for life and family. So I guess I accomplished my goal, right?

2) Does your wife do anything that annoys you?
How much do I want to be hurt? But seriously, of course she does. If anyone lives in a marriage where their partner doesn't annoy them, at least a little, is living in a boring marriage. Ell doesn't clean the cat pan quite often enough. We agreed when we got our first cat, that she had to take care of it. Period. I wanted a dog and I took care of the dog. (A Great Dane.) I feed the cats every day and even clean the cat pan when she's super swamped, but the bulk of that latter responsibility is hers. And I have to remind her too often. The worst part is that she gets pissed when I tell her what to do, so it really bothers me when I have to say anything at all. But she knows the alternative is getting rid of all the cats, so she just grumbles a little and then she's fine.

3)What everyday thing does she do that really appeals to you?
She takes off her bra. No kidding, that gets me going. Were you looking for something more personal and deep? OK, she takes off her bra slowly so I can enjoy the show. How's that? ;-)

4) If you don't mind me asking, what was the accident your family was in?
Easter Sunday, 1990. We were heading to my Grandparent's house in Pennsylvania. We stopped a red light and some a-hole wasn't paying attention to four lanes of stopped traffic and slammed into us from behind. That sent us into a car in front of us. Our car was totalled and everyone in my family was hurt except me. My dad did the noble thing and hiked up a hill to call the police even though he was severely hurt. The accident tore up his side and back and he was bedridden for almost 6 months. The business went bankrupt and we lost everything. Then we got screwed by my parent's crooked lawyer and got almost no insurance money either. A bad time in my life. My future, and my parent's, was altered forever because of one jerk who didn't care about anyone but himself.

5) What is your perception of me?
I see you as a really great mom. I see you as a open thinker who can clearly see the sheep mentality of the world around her and doesn't mind making waves to get out of the rut. A dearly devoted wife who follows the Biblical model of supporting her husband in whatever he decides. I see a busy bee work ethic that reminds me of my own wife. Maybe a bit shy with people she doesn't know well, but quickly warms up and is probably an amazing friend. I see your only negative attribute being a bit of a defensive nature that can offend people when it goes off. But even that defensive nature belies a firm stance on your beliefs which is a great quality not enough people have.

Alright, I think that's all the questions directed at me. I'll have to check, and then I'm gonna give my fingers a rest.

8 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

OMG Sam! I am very embarassed right now for the whole bra comment, yes I did laugh like you said I would, but the mental picture that anyone is going to get from your comment is just disturbing; you sicko! Also, the cat pan thing, I will try and work on that. You can't deny that you LOVE cats too, your a big liar if you do. Other than that I have highly enjoyed reading your replies to peoples questions, I have learned a few new things about you and thats pretty sweet!

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...I guess that I was just expecting a answer like "she makes good dinner for me" or "she still makes me laugh" I don't know...appealing must play a different role in your head than mine.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Amen! ;)

11:35 AM  
Blogger Kyle said...

yeah thats what i like about laura too...

I mean the dinner and laughter thing... Seriously shes a great cook.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

OMG! I was laughing sooo hard reading the bra part! Did not expect that, let me tell ya!!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

im a little sad now that youre not going to be blogging every day.

2:49 PM  
Blogger lyndsay said...

sam hate to break it to ya but laura does that thing for more people than just you hahah this is a cool blog idea i like it a lot i miss you sammy! 20 days excactly til home!!!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Yeth, cause I am the mans lady, here to answer all your sexual inquiries!

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home