Friday, March 06, 2009

Friday Funny

Someone sent me an email last week......... yes, I'm still alive. Been super busy with the new job and have neglected ELEVEN. Funny day seems the best day to return, right? So enjoy this one I stole from Frank. And I'll try not to lapse again.

A Minneapolis couple decided to go to Florida to thaw out during a particularly icy winter. They planned to stay at the same hotel where they spent their honeymoon 20 years earlier. Because of hectic schedules, it was difficult to coordinate their travel schedules, so the husband left Minnesota and flew to Florida one day and his wife the next.

When the husband arrived he checked into the hotel and found the hotel had Internet and a computer in the room. He decided to send an email to his wife, but accidentally left out one letter in her email address. Before he realized his error, the email was sent.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Houston, a widow had just returned home from her husband’s funeral. He had been an active minister who was called to heaven early following a heart attack. The widow was beside herself and decided to check her email to get her mind off the events of the day. Her first message turned out to be from the Minnesota man who had accidentally sent his message to her and not his own wife. As she read it she screamed and fainted. The widow’s son rushed into the room and found his mother, passed out on the floor. He looked up at the computer screen to see what had set her off.

To: My Loving Wife
Subject: I’ve Arrived
Date: March 6, 2009
I know you’re surprised to hear from me. They have computers here now and you are allowed to send emails to your loved ones. I’ve just arrived and have been checked in. I’ve seen that everything has been prepared for your arrival tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you then!!!!
Hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was.
P.S. Sure is freaking hot down here!!!!


Have a great weekend everyone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Blair said...

That was definitely a funny Friday! Thanks for sharing. Glad the job is going well and keeping you busy.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Hey Sam -

Yeah...I can't place a "Sam Clemens" other than the guy who wrote Huck Finn.

Though you know Dave, Betsy, Angela, and Dave Capozzi, so I'm wondering how I don't know you.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by.

- J

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home