Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday Funny

As I mentioned yesterday, I spent four days in Warren, Ohio this week in training. It's about a forty five minute drive and a couple mornings I was really running behind. On the way into town Wednesday morning, I realized I hadn't brushed my teeth. I took a little detour to a small gas station/convenience store for some gum.

I grabbed a Vitamin Water and a pack of gum and got into line. The first thing that struck me funny was an elderly lady buying two six-packs of Miller High Life in cans, and three packs of Pall Mall cigarettes. What an odd purchase at 8am.

While she was being checked out, a rather boisterous little man was complaining about the fact that his bank wanted to put a ten day hold on his out of state check. The following is the conversation between him and the owner of the store... verbatim.

Short guy: "The stupid lady at the bank said I had to wait ten days to get MY money! I can't wait that long. Will you cash it?"
Owner: "What state is it from? Can I see the check?" (Taking the check from the guy.)
Short guy: "Michigan. Why? Are you gonna cash it?"
Owner: "Yes, with a fee."
Short guy: "How much?"
Owner: "How about $6?"
Short guy: "OK. How much do you charge for, like, a $100 check?"
Owner: "I don't know... how about $2?"
Short guy: "Sounds fair."

Now if this little bargaining session wasn't enough, I sat my Vitamin Water and gum on the counter and the owner looked down at them, and without picking them up or scanning them at all, he said, "$3." I was so taken aback at the entire scene I didn't even bother to check if the guy gave me a deal or ripped me off. Either way, I walked out laughing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

That is funny stuff!

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been in stores like that before I saw a guy at 7am buying beer,he was too drunk to count his own money and put the 30 case on the counter. Funny Stuff!

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home