As expected, most of the blogs have gone silent (mine included). Some of them have been replaced or moved, others taken over by spam, and even others completely disappeared. It's sad, but definitely not surprising. I've ranted about that before and won't bother anyone with it again. But I do miss those days.
Since my last post, I turned 39. One more year before it all goes downhill. That is how it goes, right? At least I've heard that mentioned a dozen or so times. When it happened, I thought about writing a bucket list for this last year before turning the big Four O. I didn't do it. I'm alright turning forty, really. But it obviously brings with it some contemplation. And I'm great at the contemplation game. I also won't bother anyone with that either.
Anyway, if anyone cares for an update, here goes...
- Still living in our NC mountain town, and loving it.
- Once again I find myself running sound at church
- Oh yeah, I'm going back to church now.
- Still a Banker, and once again selling investments.
- L.O.V.E. having a dog, and I keep having to remind myself (almost daily) why we don't have more.
- Over the summer we took both out-law families up their first mountain, which was also Alli's first mountain
- I acquired some borrowed land at the base of a mountain, and once again have a garden. This brings more smiles to my face on more occasions than I can put into words