Thursday, June 15, 2006

Thursday Update

Well, I'm alive. Tuesday night I was wishing I was in front of a computer so I could spout off on how stupid I was to say that getting a tooth pulled was no big deal. But now that it's Thursday, I remember it really isn't. Besides a big hole in my jaw, I am fine. No pain, no side effects, nothing. I will probably have to fore-go smoking my pipe for a while, but I'm sure I'll survive. My pipe-smoking buddy is going away for the summer, so I probably won't feel have any use for it until he gets back anyway.

As for other news, my entire family seems to have found the joys of blogging. Within a couple days, both my sisters and my Dad made their own blogs. For years I have been touted as the "Appalachian Hick" who refused to move to the big city. I was the hippie who drove Volkswagens and grew all his own food. My Dear Old Dad referred to me as his "Contented Child." The one who was "happy right where he is!" Well I have been blogging, if in a pseudo-role, for over a year. And my computer-savvy family is just now catching up. Excuse me for a second while I beam with pride in my little victory. I am aware I will be quickly over-taken by their technology (in fact both my sisters posted pictures on their first day) but for today I am king. If only of my tiny little universe. All hail the king!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sam,
I am entirely sure my husband could be easily coerced into becoming a summertime pipe-smoking buddy. He's very fascinated with your tobacco exploits as well, and I know the two of you would have tons to discuss.
Just in case you find yourself hankering for a social smoke.
-Elizabeth

1:56 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

I will be sure to keep that in mind when the desire takes hold of me. I'm not sure the world is ready for what will happen when Rob and I spend an evening smoking and trying to solve the world's problems, but I would love to do it anyway! Beware world.......

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home