Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Who's Who

Over the past few months I've had about a hundred hints and suggestions and requests to talk about my blog roll. Who are they, how I found them, etc. I also said I'd share some links for pictures from our trip. So I think I'll talk about the roll and let you know who's got good pic's while I'm at it.

Ell-This is my lovely wife. She writes about once a week and usually about her life and what's going on around her. She did some posts about Hocking Hills, including one before we left that has photos of the place where we stayed.

Rob Osborn-Rob is the person who introduced me to blogging almost a year and a half ago. His was the first blog I ever read, and the first person to link me on his site. He is the source of many of the blogs I link. Rob is a talented musician and his site has morphed from a basic blog into a marketing tool for his music, with links to his bio, his band, his recordings, as well as links to his musical tastes and influences.

GuyK-I found Guy when he commented on a pretty interesting political site I was on. He is easily the most active blogger I link to, sometimes posting 8 or 10 times a day. I don't always agree with what he says, but much of the time I do. But either way, I respect him for his convictions. He's a retired Air Force veteran who lives in Florida with his Sweetthing.

Adrienne-I found Adrienne as a link on Rob Osborn's blog. She is a mom who lives in Colorado with her husband and two young kids. She writes from the heart and her blog is easily one of my favorites. If you want to think about a lot within a single post, click on her site.

Kristen-My little sister. She mainly posts pictures with short stories about her kids. I use her site to keep up with my family who all moved too far away to visit often. A lot of people say if you want to see what I looked like as a baby, her little girl is a good snapshot.

Canadian Loonie-I used my profile favorites section to find people who had blogs about the Appalachian Trail and found this eccentric lady. Besides attempting a southbound AT thru-hike, this single lady is a lab-tester in DC, she's in a quilting club as well as a movie review club, she kayaks, she does her own car repairs when she can, she attempted writing a novel this past year, and she makes her own beer. You never know what you're find reading her site.

Dwight-My dear old Dad. A wheelchair bound guy who until he stopped posting last year, had a great little ministry to people broken by life. Hopefully he starts up again, b/c he was really helpful to a lot of people.

Kimmy-The smug queen herself and another Rob link. I've known Kimmy for a few years now, but really got to know her through her blog. She puts on random Blog-Point challenges, posts almost daily, and loves winter. She can be a bit crazy, but she loves it. For a quick dose of smugness, check her out.

Bethy-Beth was one of my sister's friends when we were young. She married Kimmy's brother and has two cute kids and photographs them often. She is another link I got from Rob, and it's great to catch up with her after all these years.

Ruth-I found Ruth using the "Next Blog" radio button at the top of most Blogspot pages. She is a Chinese-American young woman living in California (I think.) She is a college grad, really enjoys being married, an avid sewer with her own sewing blog, and a Christian struggling with much the same stuff we all struggle with. She has a sensitive heart and I'm glad I found her.

Kyle-I met Sir Kyle in the youth group I used to lead. He attends Bluffton University and is studying to go into full time ministry for God. He started his blog for a class assignment, so he doesn't write often enough. But when he does, he is one of the most honest young men I've ever met.

Laura Young-I found LG by clicking on her name after she left a great comment on a blog I was reading. She lives in Colorado, and makes her own jewelry. If you want some one of a kind gorgeous jewelry to buy for someone, or want to read some great poetry, click on her name.

Kevin-Kimmy's husband, a die hard metal fan, and another link from Rob. To say Kevin posts almost never would be an exaggeration. But maybe that's his plan to make the world really love him when he does get around to writing. I know I still click to check.

Kim-Kim is an artist, a musician, a martial arts hero, and looks just like Uma Thurman. She used to post less than Kevin, but has lately been a regular. She an a unique perspective on the world I don't find on anyone else's blog. Also another link from Rob.

Cynthia-Rob's youngest sister and my youngest link. A sporadic writer, but interesting nonetheless.

Karin-I am the oldest child of 3 and this is the older sister. She posts a lot of pictures and can get pretty deep when she writes. The wife of a State Trooper, a workaholic, a grad student who graduated with 2 degrees, and a mother of 3.

Brad-One of my kids from youth group who has grown up to be one of my friends. Not a consistent poster, but worth reading when he does. He went with us to Hocking Hills and did a post about it with photos.

The Theory Room-This is another one of my kids who grew up to become one of my best friends. His brain is way beyond his age and he writes with the same maturity. He has a link on his page to his photo blog where he'll be posting pictures of our Hocking Hills trip all week. He's becoming a great photographer and I highly encourage you to check his sites out.

Steve-Many years ago Steve was my youth pastor and I'm now a friend who was once his kid. Steve recently come back into my life as a member of my Bible Study and his Spiritual maturity is needed and welcomed and his blog is a reflection of that.

Amy-Amy is another childhood acquaintance I have gotten reconnected to through her blog. She is also an aspiring photographer with great pics. Her writings are great windows into her life as a Christian wife and mother.

Lyndsay-Another of my kids transformed into friend and Andrew's girlfriend. Her blog is one of the only ones I know where her writing is an exact representation of her speech. Honest, open, real, and great to read. I enjoy reading her stuff as much as I enjoy talking to her.

Faye's Photos-A photo blog I found on Andrew's page. Faye posts a lot of pics of old buildings and cars which are some of my most beloved images. She loves to takes pictures and it shows in her work.

Evan-My friend (and Ell's cousin) serving in Bahrain with the United States Navy. He's only posted twice, but both are good reads.

nodoze-My personal Appalachian Trail website.

Dave-Andrew's Dad, the guy that married Ell and I, and maybe the most spiritually intelligent and interesting person I know. New to blogging, he's already got some good thoughts on his site.

Zack-One more kid turned friend. Zack's writing is actually thoughts he had in a journal for some time and is now sharing them with the world. Pretty interesting things coming from a 19 year old.

And there it is. My blog roll. I have a few others I read regularly (Eliza, Rob's wife) but can't link due to work or other's I only randomly check. I welcome each of you to check out anyone on my list and tell me what you think.

5 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Ahh, I shall be able to sleep at night now! And hopefully, without hte curiousity trying to kill the cat, I'll live a little longer!

Good post. Thanks

2:19 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Thanks Sam & good idea for a post!

A bit crazy am I?

8:17 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Good Idea!

11:32 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

nice blog roll. seems like you know a lot of interesting people

3:56 PM  
Blogger kimw said...

Very creative idea for a post. I've clicked on some of the names there, but certainly not all of them. Now, my curiosity is piqued and I must go take a look.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home