Sunday, September 09, 2007

He returns

To those who have expressed your extreme dissatisfaction at my absence, I apologize. While my lack of posting doesn't come anywhere near that of those like say, well, you know who you are, it was still my longest time ever away from the blogosphere. Almost ten whole days without reading or writing.

But not thinking. Yikes! I have about twenty ideas and half-written posts roaming around in my empty skull. So (more for my sake than anyone else,) here's a list of those I can remember. I'll try to write about all of them on the list, as well as some others, in the next few weeks. Feel free to let me know if you want to hear about one or two sooner than later. I'll try to accommodate.

1) Our most recent trip to Minneapolis (and the reason for my non-blogging.)
2) The actual event of Lollapalooza and how I think it was the best put-together music event, or any large event for that matter, I've ever been to or heard of.
3) The potentially controversial topic of how college has become a business and how they no longer have the best interest of students in mind. Along with that how a college education may be growing worthless and possibly no longer needed if things don't change.
4) How eye-opening it can be to get the honest opinion of a 7 year old.
5) A garden update.
6) Our house and how I feel about it versus what other's must think. See # 4.
7) A realization of what "normal" people may think about me thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail.
8) Some deeply personal (and embarrassing) revelations about my two biggest fears/problems in life.
9) Figuring out the meaning (and justification) of saying the expression, "Peace."

10) Thoughts on my summer as a vegetarian.

I'll start writing tomorrow; rather, I'll try. Being off work for a week in a place where no one else can do the job you do makes for a rather large pile of paperwork when you return.

Peace.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Might be just me, but I'm totally intrigued by 4,6,&8. Though, I'd like to know how you managed #10 as well.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Glad you're back!

Kimmy did make 3 good choices...of course, we'll all be anxiously awaiting any words of wisdom you wish to impart upon us!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Words of wisdom??? That might be a stretch.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home