Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Eliza's TV post

In case no one's noticed, I finally added my friend Elizabeth's blog to my blogroll. Whatever was blocking my computer (at the old office) from viewing her site is no longer an issue. So now I can just go to her site without tracking it down and getting "POLICY VIOLATION" emails from work. Horray for life.


In honor of her presence, I'm copying a TV post she shared and answering her questions. Here goes...
-----------------------------------------------


Empire Magazine has revealed its list of the “50 Greatest TV Shows” ever. Below is the list and here be the rules.

1. Bold the shows of which you’ve watched every episode


2. Italicize the shows of which you’ve seen at least one episode


2a. Star * the shows you consider “the best”


3. Post your answers
————-
50.Quantum Leap

49. Prison Break
48. Veronica Mars
47. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
46. Sex & The City
45. Farscape

44. Cracker #
43. Star Trek *
42. Only Fools and Horses #
41. Band of Brothers *
40. Life on Mars #

39. Monty Python’s Flying Circus
38. Curb Your Enthusiasm
37. Star Trek: The Next Generation * (My Dad is a huge Trekkie, so I saw both a lot.)
36. Father Ted #
35. Alias (Really didn't this show. My friend thought she was hot so I had to watch it. But I did it under protest.)

34. Frasier
33. CSI: Las Vegas
32. Babylon
531. Deadwood
30. Dexter * (But I need to immerse myself in Bible reading and prayer after every episode! Incredible show, though.)(That was Eliza's comment, but I totally agree.)

29. ER
28. Fawlty Towers #
27. Six Feet Under
26. Red Dwarf #
25. Futurama

24. Twin Peaks
23. The Office UK (I'm not going to star it as one of the best, but it's pretty darn funny.)
22. The Shield
21. Angel
20. Blackadder #

19. Scrubs * (This show sometimes annoys me, but it's one of the best written/acted comedies ever.)
18. Arrested Development
17. South Park *
16. Doctor Who #
15. Heroes

14. Firefly (* When it ran the first time. The second go around was less than par.)
13. Battlestar Galactica (Man did I hate this show. It was so played out and forced. I guess I was spoiled by Stargate being an AMAZING sci-fi show. I don't know, I just know this one sucked.)
12. Family Guy *
11. Seinfeld *
10. Spaced #

09. The X-Files *
08. The Wire #
07. Friends ***
06. 24
05. Lost (Actually I've only watched the "summary" show earlier this year, but that kinda covered everything up to this season. So I cheat italicized, sue me.)

04. The West Wing
03. The Sopranos
02. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
01. The Simpsons *


I feel the need to compose my list of Best TV Evah. In no particular order, and it’s late…I know I’m missing some stuff…what am I missing?
Veronica Mars
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Firefly
Wonderfalls
Pushing Daisies
Dexter
The Office (US)
Heroes
The X-Files
Studio 60



---------------------------------------------------

In case you're wondering, I added my own qualifier, the # symbol. Those are shows I've never even heard of. I thought that in a list of so-called "best" shows, they should probably be known by at least a majority of people. (Indie people must be screaming at me right now.) So that's why I added it.


And in continuing Elizabeth's idea, here's my list of faves in no particular order. I'm sure I'll miss a few, but here's my attempt...
-Stargate SG1
-Home Improvement
-Friends
-Simpsons
-Cosby Show and Coach (To throw in a few oldie but goodies.)
-Recess (I know it's a kid's cartoon, but I loved that show. I even bought the movie.)
-Smallville
-Star Trek
-Pushing Daisies (Not sure if it got cancelled or what, but that show was where I think TV should be going.)
-Dawson's Creek


So there it is. Welcome to ELEVEN Elizabeth, and thanks for the post idea.

10 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Dawson's Creek?
Really?
Dude, that AWESOME!

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to let you know....Pushing Daisies is not canceled and will be starting up again next season!!! I really can't wait....its my favorite show EVER!

10:51 PM  
Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

well that list is so random I believe (not yours, the original). i am an odd sort: only these shows do I like/watch/watched: LOST ER ALIAS FRIENDS CSI

9:11 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

After reading Kimmy's post, I realized I completely forgot "How I Met Your Mother" which is (in mine and Ell's opinion) the best show on TV right now. Better late than never, huh?

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A. I've never heard of Empire Magazine.
B. Their list of the "best shows" is a pretty lousy list.
C. There are too many of what I consider to be "good" shows left off AND too many really stupid, completely unknown (I expect I'm not alone, hence the # symbol) shows included to even justify trying to make sense of an answer.
D. I want a job with some magazine making lots of money creating lists that don't make any sense.

Oooops, and welcome to Sam's blog, Elizabeth - my diatribe is no reflection on you, just some old guy fussing. Shucks, it gives me something to do.
Dad.

3:23 PM  
Blogger 3rd string's finest said...

just to say, you must not like brit comms very much. But Red dwarf, black adder, and doctor who are possibly my favorite shows of all times and WAY funnier than anything on that list with exception of family guy and possibly sienfield. love you bye

7:06 PM  
Blogger Zoooma said...

"Dawson's Creek?
Really?"


I was thinking the same thing.

"Dude, that AWESOME!"

But my concluding thought was exactly the opposite of that!!!

Now I need to make a confession -- I think I've seen every episode. I'm so embarrassed.

It's been awhile since I've seen it on TV but I'd probably watch again... it's interesting to see Joey before she went top gun scientology looney.

I think I'm gonna have to lift this and give er a whirl.

See ya, Sam! Hope all is well.

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy tramadol buy tramadol sr 100 mg - buy tramadol tablets

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy phentermine no rx phentermine online in australia - phentermine 30 mg side effects

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should you want your therapeutic Male sizegenetics that they are performed by a handsome and sexy Gay sizegenetics therapist, you should go at the website sexy masseur. They list a very wide range of professionals which might be well versed in your different styles, types and techniques. China and India is often known for their great methods to improve the length and girth with the male vital organ, but how for the other parts from the world? Surely, other countries also have their distinct methods to enlarge one's penis sizegenetics naturally. One country which has a unique way to begin at once is Indonesia.
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home