Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wow, that was long

Ten days. I think that may be the longest I've ever gone without posting since I started this rag. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I can assure you the lack of writing wasn't from a lack of stuff in my head. In fact, I must have written at least 20 posts in that time frame but I was either nowhere near a computer or too busy to sit down and write when those times hit me. Oh well, lost to the universe now.

I do want to express great joy in that my brother Dave has made a renewed promise to blog. Also, dear sweet (and big brained) Kim has also made a bold statement to post more often. Thanks to both of you. I really think we need to encourage each other in our writing, and so there's mine to both of you. (You too, Smith.)

Alright, now for something gross. For the past few weeks, almost every afternoon, I've developed this little snot blob in my left nostril. It's not like a normal booger and even snot, it's more like this little pure white entity that has a life of it's own. I can usually feel it's in there when I get a little tickle in my nostril, but way back in the back of the cavity. If I do a good farmer blow (close one nostril with a finger pressing it shut and then blowing hard out of the other nostril) this little thing comes sailing out. It usually lands somewhere on my dash or steering wheel or windshield. But like I said, it's not like snot or a booger, so it isn't sticky or anything. I can pick it up and hold it on my finger like watery silly putty. After which I usually laugh, and then flick it out the window. I know it's weird but I've grown to enjoy the daily ritual.

Alright, enough randomness for one day. Love you all!

Peace.

15 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

That was a tad gross;-)

BTW...is the term "farmer blow" ligit or did you make that up?

We missed you during your ten day drought.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

Thanks for the extreme mental picture. At least you don't put them on the computer screen like my son does....or do you???

10:09 PM  
Blogger Birdie said...

Gee, Sam, I feel so close to you right now. Thanks. Carla

10:57 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

I wish I could take credit for that term, but that one's been around for a long time.

As for the computer screen, I've never tried it there but I bet it would be a good target. Hee-Hee

8:06 AM  
Blogger Melissa Blair said...

Possible solution for your problem... Are you into Holistic Medicine? Try a Neti Pot - it will help to clean out your sinus passages. You can find them in most drug stores. PLUS they are really cool to use - you basically pour water into one nostril and it comes out the other!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

See, now who said it was problem? I kind of enjoy it. :-)

10:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sam!! What a wonderful image of what we call a "Snot Rocket" I'm glad to see you're getting back into the blog realm as well. (thanks for the plug!)

If you go the "Neti Pot" rout please record it and post it. It sounds like it would work but it also sounds hilarious!

I'm blessed by our friendship.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sorry buddy all those "comment deleted" stuff is my fault blogger seemed to have gone a little comment happy and posted my same comment several times!!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

THIS is what you have to blog about to get a dozen comments? Oh my...:)

'Tis true, we miss the blogging.

1:15 PM  
Blogger 3rd string's finest said...

gross, Sam. Farmer snots (as I normally term them) definitely should not be done inside a vehicle. I love it when I catch people picking there nose while driving. If I saw someone farmer snot, that might get me into a wreck. just sayin.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

That is disguisting and downright unnecessary. I don't think that I will be driving the car anymore.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home