Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Day nineteen

Many times I've complained about the time and energy the bank saps from my life. It's robbed me of relationships, writing, trips, the Road Manager gig with RPM, time with my wife, and so much more. And even now it has prevented me from taking necessary time to prepare for any other job prospects. I truly feel in my heart that God has set aside this Finance Director job for me, but I haven't been able to clear my mind or schedule time to prepare for it. So you know what I'm doing right now? I'm playing hooky from work. (Don't tell anyone, Linda.)

I figured if this is the job I want to have and the one God has for me, I need to make some sacrifices to make it happen. On a side note, isn't it funny how we feel we can't let our companies down; the same companies that are doing whatever they can to let us down? Lunacy. Anyway, I'm taking the day off to review everything and make sure I bring my best to God and the place He has waiting for me.

I know I promised questions, but I left them at work. So I'll ask one just to get everyone's answer...

Anyone want to buy an awesome log house?

6 Comments:

Blogger Kyle said...

I'll give you fifty bucks for the house-- heck make it 75... final offer.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Swedish Mama said...

It does make you wonder. We are with you, Sam. Love, MOM

10:27 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Is this the question?

My answer is yes and no. In theory, yes. It would be lovely to own a log home, sit by the fire and read and just enjoy the beautiful coziness that a log home provides. I love the feel of log houses. I love your log house...but in reality my answer is no.

No, because we have learned from the dreaded experience of homeownership, that we are lousy at it. We don't like fixing things, we are horrible at outdoor maintenance of a house, we have no desire to garden and we despise all of the extra expenses a house provides. I want to live in a place where we are not responsible if the roof leaks, we don't have to pay the property tax and someone else gets to clean up the fallen trees from the neighbors that fall into our yard.
Yeah, I think renting sounds like a glorious thing!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Thanks for the honest response. It is a good deal of work to keep up our house, but the beauty of it more than makes up for the work. (In my opinion. I think my wife may be of your persuasion lately, though. Hence the selling.)

10:43 AM  
Blogger kimw said...

Sam, it's been a long-time dream of mine to own a log home. Too bad you weren't selling two years ago. You'd have had a buyer!

11:31 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

You could still make it happen, Kim. All you have to do is sell yours and the place is sold. It even comes with a ready-to-eat asparagus patch and an amazing garden.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home