Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The end is near

It's been weird the last couple workdays.
One of my co-workers is sad and has already cried.
I chose not to tell an annoying customer I wouldn't work here when he told me to call him in February.
I've been giving out refunds left and right like presidential pardons.
Coming to work doesn't seem like work anymore.
Last night felt like a weekend night because I wasn't dreading work the next day.
Have I ever mentioned how much free food banks get around the holiday?
I've had trouble containing my smiles.
I forcibly made a customer leave my office last Friday for being racist.
For the first time in four years my email inbox is empty of work emails.
I feel like spying around this old building to see if I can find interesting things I can take with me when I leave.
I've quit defending the bank when customer's complain about it.
Ell told me I'm happier now.
She woke me up this morning with the exclamation, "One more week!"
I keep passing work to others with the excuse they need to hit goals while secretly I just don't want to do it.
I find myself checking the clock more often.
I seem to have rediscovered prayer time and that makes me happy.
Have I mentioned lately how excited I am for this new job?
Anyone want to go hiking next weekend?

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Yes! One more week is right! I'm so happy for you Babe! I'm so happy to see you smile more! I truly know you are happy again and it is such an exciting time for you, and us!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

too much happiness happening here. you should probably think about killing a kitten.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home