Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Hello and Goodbye

I hugged and was wished well and then turned out my light switch.

And with that flip of the switch a year of fear and uncertainty was over. A year of searching and praying and crying was done. A year of anxious anticipation was gone.

But over the last week I also realized what else was coming to a close............ an eight year career in banking. I'll tell you, that's a little scary. What should be making it even scarier is that my new job, even though still in the financial field, is not banking. The one thing I've known for so long is now gone. The one thing that while maddening, was my career. Now I'm moving on to something I don't know. But I'm not sitting here scared. Is that confusing? Yeah, to me too.

I truly feel this is where I'm supposed to be, and in that surety I find comfort and calm. So goodbye known and familiar and routine. Hello unknown and unfamiliar and strange. Hi, I'm Sam. And I'm ready for you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Zoooma said...

Wow. You're quite strongly showing an aspect of your personality here and it's either that you're dumb or brave ... it's definitely the latter. I've been told one can be scared and brave but I don't believe it. Or maybe that is true and you're not scared because you're confident in yourself. Yes, you did even say that, at the end... and with God on your side, it's okay. The unknown is too much for many of us. This unknown for you is gonna be okay.

Merry Christmas, Sam. God Bless!

7:23 AM  
Blogger GUYK said...

Zoooma!!...yeah, one can be terrified and brave at the same time. The difference between a hero and a coward is that the hero is able to rise beyond and control the fear. Hell, it might be that the Adrenalin rush from fear is what gives the hero the strength to be the hero!

Sam over the years I have had many new jobs..even in the USAF a new assignment meant a new job working under different conditions with a different mission and with all new people. If I could offer any advise it would be to keep eyes open, mouth closed, and watch your back until you get your feet on the ground. Worked pretty good for me after I learned the hard way...

8:40 AM  
Blogger HennHouse said...

I agree... you are so very brave.

We love you, Sam. And we'll be praying for you.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Thanks for the words of wisdom, Guy and Chris. I'm going into this a little blind, and I'm glad to hear others think that's brave. It makes me feel better. :-)

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home