Thursday, October 15, 2009

14 years ago

October 14th, 1995

At 6:30 that evening I picked up Ell for our first date. I'd only really met her a few weeks before that, and had only had a few short conversations with her. For reasons I still don't know (maybe pity?), she said yes when I asked her out and on October 14th we went to the age-old dinner & a movie. We ate at Ground Round restaurant and then saw Apollo 13. It was an okay date; enjoyable but nothing super exciting.

The next week, on our second date, a series of car problems would force us to cancel big plans and do an impromptu date that would ultimately end in me driving home knowing in my heart I was going to marry that girl. It took a lot more dates and a couple years for that happen, but I knew from that second date our futures were meant to be spent together. And I'm more certain of it every day.

It may not be our actual anniversary, or even a time we ever talk about, but it still holds a special place in my heart. Love ya, baby. Happy 14th.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Aw<3 Isn't love grand? ;-)

10:58 AM  
Blogger Melissa Blair said...

So special!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks love! Happy pseudo-anniversary anyways!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

you're so cute and romantic...

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home