Monday, August 31, 2009

Back to the grind

Ell started school today. It's exciting because it's her last year, but this is going to be her toughest year of all. She has sixteen hours both semesters not including her twelve hour clinical. We've decided to cut back her working hours to two days a week, but her shifts are thirteen hours long, so she'll still be spread pretty thin. The college recommends the fifth year advanced students stop working their last year, but we just can't afford for her to do that. She's a trooper and thrives on a busy schedule, so she'll be alright.

In other news, our house was shown again today which makes ten times in as many months. We haven't heard from our realtor yet, but no one else has made an offer so we aren't holding our breath. It's such a tough market so we weren't expecting much, but it's definitely hampered our plans to scale back. Oh well, it'll happen when it's supposed to happen.

The new job is going great. And I mean it this time, not the hopeful great I expressed when I started at the non-profit. This has truly been one of the most comfortable transitions I've ever made into a new job. Besides that, I'm really looking forward to the wonderful world of paid bank-holidays. I missed those.

So, yeah.............. that's my life lately.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Very glad to hear the job is going great!!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Ditto that!

12:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

(sigh) Lucky Duck. Miss you.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Umm, for some reason, blogspot thinks I'm Sherri...this is NOT Sherri! This is Carla...so that last comment was from Carla. NOT Sherri!!!! Sherri, we have talked about boundries! KNOCK IT OFF!!!!!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I read your blog! haha! I got to read it as I was waiting on the house getting shown today and with no school work to do! Im bored! Whats next?

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home