Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Who is Sam?

If you've ever been to Amazon.com to buy anything, you know that upon your subsequent visits you can go to a, "Recommended" section that suggests books, music, gifts, etc. based on your previous purchases. These suggestions can vary from author to genre to musical taste...... well, I think you get the idea. The list is usually a few pages long, but starts with your top-five on the first page.

After a year and a half hiatus from Amazon, I logged on this past weekend and clicked on the, "Recommended" section. Since I couldn't remember my reasons for any of the most recent visits, I wanted to see what I'd been into eighteen months ago and beyond. The following is the top five from my, "Recommended for Sam" list...

Licking the Beaters: Low fat Vegan desserts, paperback book

Radiohead, The Bends, used CD

Leading on Empty: Refilling your tank & renewing your passion, hardcover book

A glimpse of Jesus: The stranger to self-hatred, hardcover book

Are you experienced?, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, new CD

So, what do you think about Sam now?

4 Comments:

Blogger HennHouse said...

Same thing I thought 18 months ago...

BTW-I shop on amazon almost every day. And I have them VERY confused!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Swedish Mama said...

Just another reminder that alot of people think they know us when really about all they know is our name.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Seems to be how life is, mom. People know your name, and sometimes know one or two things about you, and then they build their entire perception about you around that. In doing this people can be mean, judgemental and very hurtful. That's why it's so great that we serve such an amazing God, because all that really matters is Him. That He loves, down to every strand of hair. I have a friend at CR who always says, "God loves you right where you are!" In the good days and the bad, in the happiness and the hurting. In the habits and the hang-ups. Right where you are! I love that!

As for Sam, well, most of it makes sense. And no matter what, good or bad, different or confusing, you are loved! Have a Great Day!!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Well, The Bends is one of the best albums, so I think Amazon has you pegged. Or maybe they recommend it to everyone because it's awesome. Either way, I now know you better. You are a self-hating and depressed vegan who loves good music. Right? RIGHT?? Thanks Amazon.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home