Thursday, February 09, 2012

Five Monthiversary

As I worked on my VW in twenty degree temps, I caught a whiff of wood smoke and turned to see a thin sliver of smoke rising from the chimney in my house. While I'm not sure a single post could contain all the special reasons that make me love my Lady, one thing hung in my mind as I smiled at the fact she'd started a fire while I was outside... not one time since the instructions I gave her the first time she started a fire here, have I ever worried that she could start --and keep going-- the fire that heats and protects my Log House from the winter elements. She truly is a wonderful creature I'm blessed to have spent the last five months with. I'm not sure what I've done to deserve such a wonderful person, but I promise to keep trying as long as she can put up with me. Happy Five Monthiversary, my lovely Lady.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Adam has a similar story... it goes something like this, "not one time in the 15 months we've been burning wood has she been able to make as much as the newspaper burn. Even with repeated attempts to teach her." Okay, so maybe a little different.

For some unknown reason, he still kinda seems to like me, fortunately.

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home