Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Sunday stealing on a Tuesday

I'm trying to keep my mind off my Dad, so I thought I'd do some stealing from MeMe Kimmy's blog.

1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before? Got divorced.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Didn't make any and I didn't make any this year either.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My friends Betsy, Megan, and Jen all had a baby. Not the same one, of course, but they all had one.

4. Did anyone close to you die? My old man, Farley cat. I miss him every day.

5. What countries did you visit? None!

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? Get to that magic weight of 250. Only 20 or so pounds to go.

7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? You'd think my divorce date would have stuck with me, but I can't remember it even now. But September 9th is huge to me as it's the day of my first date with my Lady.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I found a peace with myself I wasn't sure I'd ever find. It was such a calming year for me.

9. What was your biggest failure? Overall, I feel really good about the year, so I choose not to answer this question.

10. What was the best thing you bought? My boots for my AT thru-hike. Man I love those things.

11. Whose behavior merited celebration? I'll echo Kimmy and say myself. I feel really good about where I was in comparison to where I'm at now. Thanks for the kudo's, Kimmy. I feel good.

12. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted? Same as Kimmy: a few people, but I would never name names.

13. What song will always remind you of 2011? Not so much a song, but a CD. Abraham James... Storytellers.

14. What do you wish you’d done more of? Hike.

15. What do you wish you’d done less of? Be negative.

16. Did you fall in love in 2011? Yes, yes I did.

17. What was your favorite new TV program? Parenthood.

18. What was the best book you read? The Shack.

19. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying? Saving more money.

20. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? I came into a discovery of wearing better clothes with my new weight. I've enjoyed being told I look good.

21. What kept you sane? My own peace, and of course my Lady.

22. Who did you miss? My Farley cat, and my parents.

23. Who was the best new person you met? My Lady, of course. She really is my better half and makes me a better person just by being around.

24. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2011? Learn to like yourself, that's the key to true happiness.

25. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. I like Kimmy's so I'll steal it: I’m on the edge of glory, and I’m hanging on a moment with you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

This was fun Sam!! I liked reading them! I love that you call her "my lady". You're awesome Sam - that's all I got to say.

Bets

4:59 AM  
Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

cool, dude! hey, I miss seeing you around, Sam!!!

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home