Tuesday, November 28, 2006

my Weird! turkey day

For Thanksgiving, Ell and I planned on going to her Grandparents house. They were having dinner at 1:00 pm, but we decided to avoid the crazy hustle and go around 2:00. Her g-ma always keeps the food out all day and everyone stays for supper too, so we wouldn't miss anything. We got to the house around 2:20 and went in. Her grandparents house was dark. The food was still warm on the counters, but no one was there. We found a note that the family had left for a while and would be back. So we each made a plate of food and had dinner alone. We waited for them for a while, but when they didn't show up, we left. We did come back a couple hours later to see everyone, but our dinner was all alone in a house that wasn't our own. Weird!

Another cool thing that happened was that Ell's brother and wife had their first baby on Thanksgiving. It was a 9 pound baby girl! Talk about a butterball!!! We went up to see her Friday night and she's adorable. Newborn babies are usually so red and gross looking, but she was actually pretty cute! So our best friends had their baby on New Years Day, and now we have a new niece that was born on Thanksgiving. Weird!

One last thing that was pretty odd.......and I didn't realize it happened until yesterday........I didn't have any turkey or pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. None. And I still haven't. Ever since I did the vegetarian thing this summer I haven't craved meat very much. And as for pumpkin pie, the bakery that Ell manages made and sold 2200 pies for Thanksgiving, so I don't think she cared to see another pie and sure as heck didn't want to make or eat one. So I didn't have the two staples of the Thanksgiving meal. And you know what? I don't feel I missed anything! Weird!

3 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Now there were a lot of unusual things about this post.

No turkey? Strange. Don't take offense to this, please, but you just don't look like the kinda guy that would go vegetarian.

I can and I can't see the whole pumpkin thing. Very hard to not eat pumpkin pie on a holiday - but I empathize with your reasoning.

Adam doesn't eat pumpkin pie because he doesn't like it. Sweet Taters either. Something about the texture of both of them bugs him.

Finally, do you realize that everyone thinks new babies are kind of ugly, but, no one actually says it? I just loved that. You just blurted out that newborns are red and gross and I think that's funny.

2:54 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

You know what is really weird is that your first neice is going to be a year old on Wednesday and your second neice is only five weeks behind her? Not to sound bitter, but you've never mentioned them in your blog? And not to mention that Laura wrote that she if now an aunt. I guess I thought she became and aunt almost three in a half years ago when Jackson was born and then again when Isaiah and Issac were adopted and then came the girls last year before and after Christmas. Oh well, I guess it kind of hurt my feelings that she makes it sound like she wasn't an aunt until now. Forgive me if I misunderstood this, but I guess I just read what was written. I love you guys, and I'll see you at Christmas!
-Kristen

9:49 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

There's a lot of things you won't find in my blog about my personal life. I write about what I want to write about and I don't ask permission or forgiveness.

But as for your comment about my two neices, you weren't around the blogworld when they were born. So you probably don't know that I wrote quite often in my many blog circles about the fact that I had three neices within 5 weeks. In fact it sparked a rather large discussion for a few weeks about kids. So don't take such offense at things you aren't sure about. I love you, your kids, and so does Laura. This was Laura's first neice on her side of the family and the only real blood neice she has. So cut her some slack if she's happy about it! Love ya Sis!

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home