Thursday, February 08, 2007

Hope in the face of tragedy

According to an AP story in the paper today, a judge in Texas sentenced a man on two counts of murder. He killed his pregnant girlfriend, and the court ruled that he murdered both the woman and the unborn child. While it is a horrible thing that he murdered someone, it was a blow to the abortion-rights community that the unborn child was deemed a human being and not just a part of the woman's body. I'm not happy that someone had to lose their life for this decision, but that's what happened. I know abortion is a touchy subject, and I know that some of my readers are not in agreement that abortion is murder. But it's what I believe and what I support. So I rejoiced that the man was sentenced for both murders and that the unborn child was granted the same justice as the mother. Texas joins a number of states (I apologize I don't know the exact number) that are starting to recognize the life of the unborn child as being legitimate and real.

Another aspect I hesitate to share b/c of the obvious backlash it will have on the Christian community is the fact that the murdered woman was 16 and the killer was her youth pastor and her boyfriend. I'm sure the left-biased media will have a field day ripping apart the church in an attempt to discredit Christians everywhere. And in the commotion the issue of the unborn child's rights will be ignored. Sad. The whole situation. Very sad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

I wholeheartedly believe that an unborn child is a life and therefore a crime against it should be treated as so. However, I cannot for the life of me understand how that can happen and abortion can be legal.

I know there have been various cases where someone was convicted of murder of an unborn child and I think that sooner or later that will have to have an impact on the abortion laws.

Of course the media will tell us how it was a youth pastor and what that means for the church...they wouldn't the word to get out that maybe a judge somewhere has firm Biblical principles and conservative beliefs or that there could be a legal basis on which to ban abortion!

By the way, I am pro-choice...a woman should absolutely have the choice to not conceive an unwanted child.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

"By the way, I am pro-choice...a woman should absolutely have the choice to not conceive an unwanted child." Nice thought, adrienne, thanks for sharing.

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home