Monday, February 04, 2008

The minutes just keep rolling

To all the people concerned about me due to my lack of posting, I'm still here. Thank you for your concern, even if some of it was less than sincere. :-)

The lack of time thing at work is killing me. I literally have no spare minutes to put together. I may have one minute here or one minute there, but never enough to get any major task done. This post is proof of that. This is the seventh sentence and it has taken me five hours and twenty five minutes to write it. (In fact, that last sentence took three sessions and over an hour. No lie.)

I end up with a pile of papers and files on my desk at the end of every day and I have no time to get them all done before the departments I need to call have gone home for the day. So I slam in as much work as I can every morning before the bank opens but I never quite get it all done. I suppose I could stay a couple hours late every night to do the stuff that doesn't require other-office assistance so I could do the stuff that does in the mornings, but that could be every day and I'd never get further ahead. Plus, something about putting in a 10-11 hour day and then having to drive an hour home doesn't appeal to me. Not to say I haven't done it, or that I would be opposed to it if that was my job. But that's just it, my job is supposed to fit neatly into the hours of 8 to 5; you know, banking hours. ;-) But I'm doing so many other jobs all the while still needing to complete my own job......... I think you get the picture.

Sorry to sound like I'm whining. It's all I seem to be doing lately when it comes to this job. I still haven't looked into any other positions anywhere. I need to do that or I guess I don't have any right to complain. I do have a big old rant about another topic bottled up inside me screaming to get out. Maybe I'll try to do that tomorrow night. I now have to go to a meeting that is going to eat up more of my valuable office time. Oh well.

Peace.

9 Comments:

Blogger 3rd string's finest said...

Sounds like you need "A giant rainbow-glowing metal monster.................................................................Yikes, Andy!"

Love you, bro. Hang in there.

7:57 PM  
Blogger GUYK said...

glad you are still posting and remember that hard work ain't all that the protestant ethic says it is..just makes a man old before his time..I look into the mirror and see it every day.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

That's great advice Guy. Thanks.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

I know I don't rely on prayer enough. But I'll try to pray for you.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Maybe if you spent less time counting your sentences and more time typing what's on your mind...:-Q

Good luck...Guy's right...being too busy is not a good thing!

Send some of your work my way...I do everyone else's overflow of work. :) It's called not sleeping in my case - not healthy 'tall.

12:52 AM  
Blogger HennHouse said...

Still praying, Sam.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

I'm praying too. Hope it gets better. I've had a hard time with my time lately too.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Hang in there bro-j. Sorry works suck, If you want me to take care of business I know somebody that knows somebody that kills some people.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hey Sam! Long time no see! It seems like we are both in the position of too much work with not enough time on our hands. But mine is by my own fault where yours was just handed to you with you having to comply. I love you and I wish and pray that each day will go smoother for you every day that you go on at this silly bank. Who needs money anyways???

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home