Saturday, December 27, 2008

Introduction

For my 400th post, I thought I'd share a significant link. As many of you know, I have a dream of one day completing a thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail. It's a dream over fifteen years old, but after getting married I kinda put it on the back burner. (Which in no way is Ell's fault; marriage just has a way of rearranging priorities.) A few years back, my dear friend Diana reminded me of my dream, and it's been on fire since that day.

Diana and her fiance Jason are embarking on their own thru-hike this coming Spring and they honored me with a request to document their trail journals. I already had a website set up for my own hike, so I started the process of changing it over to focus on them. If you look to the right at my blogroll, you'll see a link to the site.

They'll start adding their own posts next month explaining how they're preparing and organizing for the six month trip. Once they hit the trail, I'll be updating the site on a regular basis, probably on a daily/weekly basis, so everyone can follow them on their journey. I'll also be adding pictures and anything else they send my way. Check out the site now and be sure you follow them starting in January.

And speaking of links, now that Ell is out of school, she added a new post on her blog. Check it out, too.

Happy 400th, ELEVEN.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Congrats on 400 posts!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

That my friend is a lot of posts...

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home