Friday, March 20, 2009

Where to start?

I don't know about anyone else, but when I get a lot of blog posts going in my head I end up not blogging at all. It's like some weird backwards energy. My brain has a post outline about my faith and church, an update on my new job, some random thoughts about the joblessness of so many close to me, some pictures from the Jamaican Party, wonderful news about my writing project, a very open and honest post about friendships, and a reminder about AT thru-hikers I'm following. It sounds like a cop-out, but I literally don't know where to start.

Since the last one in that list is the easiest, I'll start there.

As most of you know, in a couple/few years I'll be hitting the Appalachian Trail for a thru-hike. It was a dream of mine as a young adult, and a few years back was re-inspired by my dear friend, Diana. Diana and her fiance, Jason, are thru-hiking this year and I will be chronicling their hike on a seperate website.

Almost all AT thru-hikers keep a trail journal; a record of their living history and experiences on the trail. Sometimes they publish these journals while on the hike or after they get back. If they decide to publish it on the way, they usually send the journals back to a person at home that puts them into electronic form and releases them. If you click on the link to the right titled, Jason & Diana's trail journal, you can follow these two travelers (and their dog, Nica) as they hike. They already have a couple posts up and I would encourage you to check that link often so you can follow along with their journey.

Two other friends are already on the trail and they are using a solar-operated device to transmit their journal (and pictures) as they hike. Their link is lower down the line and is entitled Mike and Roxanne. They just posted some 170+ pictures so check them out too, you won't be disappointed. They also have an email sign up if you want to have updates sent to you directly. Pretty cool.

We'll see about posting more from that list of mine soon. In the meantime, check out Jason & Diana, and Mike & Roxanne.

1 Comments:

Blogger *Austin Mommy* said...

I'm with ya, Sam. When I get overwhelmed, I tend to put things off. This is what I am currently doing with blogging. What to write? Where to start? I'm glad one of us is at least going ahead and doing it. Thanks for the seeds, by the way - they're great!! :)

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home