Sunday, September 23, 2012

I act like an a** sometimes, Part Three

Whether or not you feel like seeing into my mind and thoughts, at least read this part of this post series. 

I am here to apologize for coming off as an ass in all of my, "posting" diatribes. It was selfish of me to complain about anyone not posting or using blogs anymore. The world changes and the electronic part is possibly the quickest. I was and still am sad that something I loved so much faded as quickly as it did, but that gives me no right to lash out and ask everyone to join in my sadness. 

Over the last few years of blogging's downhill slide, I've had eight (that I can remember specifically) bloggers start posts with something along the lines of, "This post is for Sam." *Please see sub note.* While I love the intended expression behind them, that wasn't right of me to put out there the idea that you must cater to my needs. How selfish of me to demand so much of other people's energy just because they've chosen to do something else with their time than I have. How rude of me to be happy that someone came back to something they didn't care about anymore just for me. I'm sorry you felt the need to satisfy my whining and I'm sorry my words were harsh enough to prompt action on that road.  

I've said it before but it bears repeating... while I mentioned Facebook in almost all of my posts about missing bloggers, I don't hate it. In fact, I check Alli's page at least once a week. It's an awesome thing to see little tidbits of people's lives and pictures of their events and their short opinions of the goings-on around them. I still think it's a sad excuse for real friendships but it is a very real way to, "keep up" in an otherwise hectic world. I will probably never start one, but I'm certainly not against those that utilize this current form of cyber conversation. 

I think I'll end this here. I'm sorry if I've ever made you feel like you have to keep me updated here on blogger because I'm not where you otherwise hangout. That wasn't right of me to do. And so I apologize if that made me seem like an ass. Because........ well........ I act like an ass sometimes.









*(I don't mean you, Kimmy. Thank you so much for letting me vicariously walk the Street Fair through your pictures. That meant the world to me; really.)* 

10 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

I knew you didn't mean me, but thanks for the shout out anyway! I loved doing that vicarious street fair post for you, and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

You know I'm in agreement with you on the whole blogging thing. I know I've been guilty lately of blog-slacking, but it's still a forum that I mourn the life of. I have fond memories of when the blog circle was full of life, and I wish that it would become so again, but I don't think it's likely.

I however, have not given up on blogging, and don't intend to. I need to get back into it, and I've actually had several posts rolling around in my head this as of late. Hopefully, they will take form this week.

Thanks for keeping us updated with posts. It's nice to know what's going on in your world, especially since life has taken you to a new physical location.

Long live blogging!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey and Melissa said...

Since you are Karin's brother, you are almost family to me and I could never be mad at you :). I want you to know that not all of us were offended by your unhappiness with the blog world fading away. I envy your passion for blogging. I started my blog as a way to share updates and pics with friends and family. Along the way, I also added a few more meaningful posts here and there. Now, I am lucky if I can find more than 5 minutes of uninterrupted time to get out a complete thought - in fact, as I type this comment, I have been approached 3 times already by 2 different children (sigh). I so wish I had more time to blog my thoughts. I do have a private blog that I sit down fill with extremely long and very personal posts from time to time...stuff that I don't want to share with anyone.

Regardless of my blogging abilities, I do so enjoy reading others blogs. I have also been very disappointed by the lack of posting on many of the blogs that I follow. Many of my favorites only manage to post a few times a month.

I am also a huge fan of Facebook because I don't have to type up a huge post to generate a good discussion on something I am passionate about. Plus, I love the "keeping up" with people that I haven't seen in forever...and honestly, would only enjoy their company via Facebook.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Just to throw it out there - I was in the middle of one of my rarer-than-liked posts when I saw that particular thought stream --

So maybe the stubborn side of me flared up and I thought, "Heck if I'm going to post now, he'll think I just posted because he yelled at me!"

But then I thought...ay, don't let your sensitivities and insecurities about having to please every one, all of the time, and not always being able to live up to it, stop you from dong something you want.

And with that I was over it.

I rather think it points to a bigger picture of how fast time goes and how over-committed people are...If anything, we should all stop and read Kimmy's recent "sudden" post a few times...I for one could fare well living to live instead of living to please and accomplish constantly. I certainly don't think I'm alone there.

But, in fairness, I never called you an a$$. ;)

12:49 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Oh, Adrienne. I really hope to meet you one day this side of heaven.

First, I don't ever recall yelling at you.

Second, your posts are never ever not-liked.

Third, I think everyone's called me an ass at some point. LOL!!!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Thanks for the blog series. To me it sounds like the conclusion that "being nice means not sharing your opinion" is made. In my opinion- I disagree, in the nicest way. Being a nice person has nothing to do with your opinion or what side you are on. It has more to do with with selflessness and your personal agenda, or lack of it.

I enjoyed hearing your point of view and disagreed with a lot of it. Love you man.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Interesting viewpoint, Andrew. I didn't have the way you act in mind as I was writing and that was lacking on my part. What I mean is, I've heard you say aloud, "I'm an ass and I know it." IMHO, I feel like that's a third kind of person I didn't even speak to in any of my posts. In a way, that may bring out a whole new series of posts on the topic and could be what you were referring to.

And by the way, you're an ass. :)

9:23 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I disagree that people fall in to a specific "category". I don't live like intentionally being an "ass" or living a certain way just cause I said I was going to do that. I am selfish in life and that has made me realize sometimes I can be an ass.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Very true. There's no way to slide everyone into specific categories, especially so few choices. But there is definitely a clearly marked difference between those that have no problem being bold and brash with their opinions and those that just watch from the side. And when recognizing those differences, it sucks to be slapped across the face when the second category decides to slip a foot into the first circle.

I guess the point I was making in the first couple posts was questioning why that happens. And it's not so rare, in fact, I'd venture to say it could be labeled as, "textbook."

12:54 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

Sam, I appreciate what you said about we'll never hear you say, "I have it all figured out." When people do think they have it all figured out, wars happen!

Andrew, I agree. you're an ass, but that's part of what makes you great. You're bold and hilarious and you don't care about what people think about what you're doing.

And finally, Sam, I'll leave you with some wisdom that my wife has left with me. Sometimes you have to be mean to be nice to people. If someone is constantly doing or saying something stupid, they should probably hear about it so they can learn to stop.

So there you go-- be the Ass you've been called to be!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Kyle said...

Also, I think part of the reason I haven't done the blogging thing lately is that I was totally in it for the wrong reasons from the beginning. I blogged because I wanted people to think I was smart or clever or whatever and I longed for an overflowing comment box.

In short I wanted my blog to be my ego food.

That makes me feel like an ass. I don't want to be an ass.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home