Friday, November 23, 2012

7 days removed

And now to answer the rest of Adrienne's questions...

  • Does Alli's family secretly, or not so secretly, hate you for stealing her and running off halfway across the country?
  • Well, I guess I can't answer the secret part, but they haven't made any audible comment to hating me. When she went to college, Alli chose Ohio Northern which was 4 hours away from her family. And then she went to Texas for her summer senior year internship. On top of that, moving to NC was ultimately her decision. When I got off the AT, my life was at a unique point where I could go anywhere and do anything, and I was looking at three or four different areas of the United States to move. Alli had fallen in love with Western North Carolina when she dropped me off there to hit the AT, so she pushed for it over the other places I had in mind. Her Mom respects her enough to let her make her own decisions, and so our plans were set in motion. So there wasn't really any stealing, and like I said, I haven't felt any hate directed at me.

     
  • Does Alli feel the same as you do/did in regards to not having children?
  • Did and Do are definitely different in my life now. Alli and I had some very serious talks early in our relationship about my beliefs in the area of children. And then she shared with me something that changed my life forever (paraphrased): "There is a love, a pure and complete and real love, that can only be found in the heart of a child for their parents. It is deep and genuine and cannot be compared to anything else in the world. It comes from within their soul, glows from their eyes, and stretches out in their hugs. There is no way I want to miss out on feeling the intensity of that kind of love." And while she respected my reasons as valid and genuine, and truly wanted our relationship to grow, what she wanted more, was for there to be children in her life that would show her that love. And in that moment, I instantly felt my heart ache for it as well. While I still don't disagree with my previous reasons, I know I want to feel that love and I know I want to feel it coming from our children.

    So there it is I guess, the official announcement that I now want children.

    5 Comments:

    Blogger Sam said...

    Alli just read this and wanted to add... "As a parent, you love this tiny thing so much that it fills you up. Most parents would do anything for their kids, and knowing what it feels like to lay down the world for that child is something I want to feel. I want to feel that much love for something."

    9:09 PM  
    Blogger Adrienne said...

    Oh I just got warm fuzzy butterflies. :) I wish I could fully explain the feeling that overtook me the very and exact instant arielle entered the world. It was unbelievably powerful. and then they turn into kids. lol

    ugh. now I want a baby. right now. lol

    9:54 PM  
    Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

    WOW OH WOW! I'll be praying for you two, with this particular desire. You are brave to post about it. :) And yes that is MICHELLE who had another baby! We attend the same church in Salem. And, I'd love to mail you that book you commented on, if you want. If you'd like to read it. So, if you get a chance, send your address my way. My brother says HI!

    9:42 PM  
    Blogger Sam said...

    I'd love to read that book, Amy. I don't think I have your email to send you my mailing address so shoot me an email at elliottpipe at gmail dot com and I'll give it to you.

    That's cool that you know Michelle. She was the best babe in my first wedding.

    And tell Bill I said HI right back at him. :)

    10:00 PM  
    Blogger Andrew said...


    Bum Bum Bum...and another one gone, another one gone, another one bite the da-a-wust.

    4:48 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home