Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Getting back on the weight loss train - Part Nineteen

I've shared much of my own weight issues over the last few years. I've been excited for people I know that have decided to make the same choices to better themselves. And I've cheered on those I've felt wouldn't take my encouragement the wrong way.

While I'm happy I haven't gained any weight back, I would really like to get off this plateau and continue losing weight and hit that magic 100 number.

One thing I haven't shared too much about, is Alli's own weight-loss path. In a short amount of months, she's hit thirty pounds lost and even ran her first 5K a few weeks ago. I am so darn proud of her for making her own efforts and sticking to them.

We have some friends who have jumped on the Beach Body wagon, and Alli and I are going to start one of those workouts, together, in January. We'd love to start sooner, but we are being smart about our budget after me being without work for almost four months as well as paying for a wedding which erased all of our savings.

We already eat better than either one of us have our entire lives, and we are both more active than we ever were before. That feels great, and we think this next step is exactly what we need to hit our own individual goals. And I can't tell you how excited I am to be doing this WITH her instead of on our own. That makes me smile.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You know you have a cheerleader here in your corner! Great job to both of you for your decision to be healthy!!!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I'll be excited to follow along.

That's awesome of Alli. I dream about being a runner. I think it would be hugely fulfilling mentally. My legs and lungs always bulk though.

2:22 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Awesome! The decision to get healthy TOGETHER is the coolest thing. Kevin and I are really enjoying the journey together.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Kyle said...

Get you some, Sam and Alli!

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home