Monday, November 20, 2006

Surprise!

Ell sent me an email in February and said she had a surprise for me. The only thing she would tell me was what we would be doing would fulfill one of my life dreams. Due to the place being booked solid, I had to wait until this past weekend for my surprise. Oh my goodness was it worth it!!!!

I had no idea what Ell had planned. I bugged her and pleaded with her and even tried to bribe her, but she kept the secret sealed. No information at all. I thought I got a clue when she invited three of our young friends to go along but found out you had to be over 21. So now I thought maybe it had to do with drinking. I started thinking wine tasting or maybe a tour of the Great Lakes brewery, but Ell said I was way off. Since I needed to know what kind of clothes to wear, Ell did tell me a couple little things to pack that in no way gave away the surprise. She told me we might be outside so I needed to dress warm. She said I might get a little dirty, so I didn't need to dress up. She said she would take care of everything else.

This week Ell told me what we were doing was going to be at night, so I should try to get some extra sleep. I thought it was a clue but all it did was make me more confused. The only "dream of a lifetime" that I could think would happen at night was to go ghost hunting. But if any of you know Ell, you know that her fear of the dark and of things that 'go bump in the night' would keep her from participating in such activities. So I was stumped. We headed out Saturday afternoon and I was still clueless. Imagine my shock when we pulled into the
Ohio State Reformatory Prison for a ghost hunt. I have so much to say about the experience, but I think I'll post a couple times instead of a real long one. I have to give some pretty big thanks to Ell for pulling off an awesome surprise and for being such a good sport about being in the dark all night. It was an amazing night, so check back tomorrow and I'll tell you more.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ell is so good to you Sam!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I'm just glad that I was able to hide the BIG surprise until when it happened, you were so persistent in knowing what we were doing!

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home