Thursday, May 10, 2007

Happiness is...

Most of you know my love for good music. Yesterday I got an exceptional musical treat that had me smiling all day. One of my dearest friends, Chip Richter, does music for kids and families. He's a very talented guy and is amazing with kids. Well, he's working on a new cd to be released this summer. One of the songs on the cd he had planned on doing with the world-renowned guitarist Phil Keaggy. If by some bleak, weird, remote, chance you don't know who Phil Keaggy is, you really need to find out. Phil has been called the best guitarist ever by such people as Eric Clapton and Jimi Hendrix. He does an amazing solo live show that'll blow your mind. Not enough can be said how awesome of a musician this man is. Anyway, back to my story. Chip flew down to Nashville to Phil's recording studio Tuesday. From about 1pm to midnight they worked on the song for Chip's album. Here's where the story gets stinking fantastic. Chip called me yesterday morning and sent me a link to the final mixed recording of the song. I don't know about you, but having the freshest, most recent, most current, less than 12 hours old, Phil Keaggy recording in my hands was amazing. To make it even more special, I was the first one besides Chip and Phil to hear it. The FIRST! Happy isn't the right word to describe how I was feeling. I put it on a loop and listened to it at my desk for about an hour, finding new and unique nuances and notes each time it played. Pretty cool stuff.

5 Comments:

Blogger Zoooma said...

That is pretty darn cool to have brand new music so so so quickly before anyone. WOW! I'm gonna have to give a listen to Phil Keaggy... I just checked and he's got over a dozen albums on Napster (where I rent my music from) that one can dload and he's been on my list for a long time now so one of these days! Lookin' forward to it!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

That is pretty cool...your must be pretty special!

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was a short time, long ago, when i would have been the first person to hear a new song from Chip and Keaggy...gotta say, it's becoming quite clear that you are much cooler than i am, Sam--in so many ways........

5:37 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

That is pretty awesome. I know that you weren't feeling good with your cold and all, I'm glad that it cheered up your day! That definately is a memorable thing to hold onto.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

yeah, I agree, pretty awesome! I have always had the upmost respect for PK. So has Rich.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home