Wednesday, September 26, 2007

We're being attacked

They showed up today.
Their dreaded black cars shining in the sunrise-lit parking lot.
The enemy of all bank personnel.
The supposed protectors of our security, wearing their pretty masks of concern.
All while hiding their evil intentions to search out any and all weaknesses and expose them.
They lurk and poke and peek into every corner, crack, and crevice.
They talk down to us.
Their goal is to make us feel stupid; and scared.
It's working.
They wield authority to open secret files and scour private property.
Smiling only when they find some dirt or error.
They somehow cause an inner terror every day of the year even though they only appear one day of it.

Who are these unmasked agitators?
The auditors.
They are here.

I must go before my presence on a non-bank site is discovered.
Oh no, one of them has her nose in the air.
She's walking towards my office.
Why won't this thing post?
Tell the inhabitants of the world I loved them.
It's getting dark.

5 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

ARRRRGGHHHH! The Attack of the AUDITORS!! Fear is in the streets!I guess that I won't see you when I get home! Sorry you have to deal with this, lets just hope that you had everything perfect! HA!

12:39 PM  
Blogger HennHouse said...

Are you still out there?

8:02 AM  
Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

ohh....we'll miss you....sort of...maybe..well, no






Just kidding! Hope it went well!

8:09 PM  
Blogger kimw said...

Come back, Sam! Come back!

9:12 AM  
Blogger 3rd string's finest said...

Wow, Sam. Is this a good time? I havn't been on the computer in ages. I am a sucky friend. I have so much to catch up on. I will talk to you soon. love you, bro, and your kick-ass wife, too!

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home