Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Day twenty five

I guess I should answer my own questions, huh?

1) Who is your favorite sibling? And please don't say you don't have one. If you have more than one, you will naturally have a leaning towards one (or two) because humans are wired to have likes and dislikes. Those change, of course; so answer to right now. (If you have peace to keep with family who reads your blog, just say so and you have a free out.)

While both of my "real" siblings read ELEVEN, I could be a wuss and take an out. But I refuse to back down from the hard questions. Especially since I'm the one that asked it.

For many of my adult years, my sister Kristen and I were always closer. Karin and I seemed to fight all the time, and there always seemed to be a tension that was unresolved between us. Not sure why or what that was. But then came the April Fool's Day post two years back. Kristen didn't take the post so well and that seemed to sever our close bond. That, coupled with the fact that Karin seemed to mellow a little after having her daughter, has brought Karin and I closer. Kristen and I still talk, but nothing like before. If she were to answer honestly, she'd agree. So right now my answer would have to be Karin.

2) What was your first computer and how old were you when your family bought it?
Dad bought us a Commodore 64 in 1982 or 1983. So I was 8 or so. He also bought a "Write your own programs" book and made us a game he called Smiley. My greatest computer accomplishment (I'm not a gamer) was being the high-scorer and solving the game. The funny part was there was no solve built into the game, so once I completed all the screens, the game had a technical hiccup and was ruined. I did so well I killed the game! Pretty cool, huh?

3) Does anyone want to buy an awesome log house? (Since only two people answered last time.)
Umm...

4) Would you consider yourself a dog or a cat person?
I love dogs. All we have right now is cats and they are excellent companion animals, but I'd still love to get another dog.

5) In no particular order, name your top five movies.
Why did I ask such a tough question? Lets see... Big Fish, Gone in Sixty Seconds, Dances With Wolves- extended edition, Legends of the Fall, and, well... I'll say So I Married an Axe Murderer.

6) What are your plans for Thanksgiving festivities?
We are joining our new friends Jon and Angela as they share Thanksgiving dinner with some people from the Youngstown Salvation Army.

7) What is your favorite holiday and why?
I used to say it was Independence Day. What's not to like? Cookouts, picnics, friends, warm weather, fireworks, ice cream, and so much more. I still say it's one of the best, but my favorite is the next holiday that gives me a day off work. Doesn't matter what holiday that happens to be, it's my favorite.

Tomorrow, new, more intense questions.

5 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Blair said...

So today your favorite Holiday is Thanksgiving. In which case, have the best Thanksgiving Holiday ever! -The Blairs

1:39 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

I just noticed the comment you left three days ago. I'm a little slow like that sometimes. And just bad at looking at past posts to see if there are any new comments.

Thanks. I didn't ask for such technicality, but I'm glad for it. Because I've still been worried whether or not there was something wrong with it.

However I do think I made a mistake deciding to take the job. Because it still hurt extremely bad. I didn't think I was going to make it.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Hint, choose the option to have your comments emailed to you. Then you can know if people leave comments to old posts, etc. I've met some interesting people and had very meaningful conversations I would have otherwise missed if I didn't have the comments emailed. Just a suggestion...

10:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree that favorite siblings change. I am most like my older sister, least like my youngest sister and spend the most time with my middle sister. I love them all dearly but am most comfortable with my middle sister Sue.

I was always uncomfortable around my brother but then I didn't see him sober for the last 30 years of his life.

I'm not really a holiday celebration kinda person. I do like being off work though :)

4:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the opposite from most of you - I would do almost anything to be able to go back to work. I loved it when I could work, and I loved doing what I did, and now I can't. So, my favorite holiday would be the first day I could get out of this chair and go BACK to work. The oak, pine, and walnut still call my name in the dark, and a song still escapes my lips now and then...
Dad.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home