Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday Funny

Why does peeing sometimes give me a shiver?

Post-micturition convulsion syndrome, which often affects men, occurs toward the end of the urination session and isn't completely understood. Most speculation rather than scientific conclusions have been made regarding the cause(s). It is predominately believed that the shiver is a side effect of interactions between the sympathetic nervous system (SNS) and the parasympathetic nervous system (PNS). The SNS, in this case is responsible for holding the flow of urine, and the PNS is responsible for releasing urine. Although they are far more common amongst men, women also experience these convulsions.

Well I'm glad we cleared that up, but I already knew my PNS was responsible for releasing urine.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well dang, I was just pondering on that and here you go explaining it :)But now I'm wondering.. I remember when my children were babies, I would know when I saw that shiver that they just wet their diaper. But.. I can't remember if it was just in my son or if my daughter had that shiver too.

Off to ponder some more....

11:14 PM  
Blogger Melissa Blair said...

He he he.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Papa D said...

I can't believe it - you found a way to say it without saying it - Christmas just isn't the same without you...
Love ya,
Dad

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home