Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Three days on, Three days off

Ell and I are rounding up a pretty crappy three day stint where we will see each other a total of only about 45 minutes in almost four days. The way our work schedules coincide leaves us about sixty seconds each morning to see each other and about fifteen minutes in the evening to see each other. It really sucks.

You know that, 'ships passing in the night' cliche? Yeah, that's us. No lie, two of the last three days we pulled off the side of the road -- her coming home from work and me going to work -- hugged for a minute, and then got back in our cars. This morning we got to have our sixty second hug in the kitchen, but then I had to leave. When she's gone on trips and been gone for a few days, it was hard to deal with. But this is almost worse. And yet it's not because I still get to see her. It's hard to explain the emotions.

But then... we have an amazing three day weekend coming up where we'll spend every second (except for the deucing) together. Where will we be? Lollapalooza in Chicago, baby!!! That's right, as soon as I get off work tomorrow night we'll be jumping in the car and heading west for three days of music and friends and fun. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

So, I guess I'll take three crappy days without seeing my wife in exchange for three great days seeing her the whole time. Sounds like a fair trade. I can't wait.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kyle said...

I have to look forward to a year of not seeing my girl. I guess we'll at least get to talk over the phone or chat over skype. Have fun at lollapalooza.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

"Knowing" you, Sam, I'm just glad all you're doing in that sixty seconds on the side of the road is hugging...;p Have fun!

11:22 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

"Knowing" you, Sam, I'm just glad all you're doing in that sixty seconds on the side of the road is hugging...;p Have fun!

11:22 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Trust me, Adrienne, I've thought about how to make that work. I'm just not that good to get the deed done in one minute.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You're right, that would be sucky. Hopefully one of your schedules will change soon so you can have more time together.

I'm not sure I want to go down that road on my blog.. What if it turns out to be.. hmmm a garbage dump at the end.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Birdie said...

Hope you have fun. Olivia's in Chicago with some friends including Mel Genova. Must be the weekend to go. Tell Laura to post Facebook pictures. Already saw the one. Looks like crappy weather. Come on SUN!!!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

True, Faye. The mystery is half the beauty.

By the way, if you readers of Eleven have never checked out Faye's site, do it. Right now. She on my blogroll.

12:49 AM  
Blogger Melissa Blair said...

Heard it was your birthday today...Happy Birthday!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Happy birthday!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home