Friday, October 02, 2009

Sadness personified

So this past week I heard something (and have since confirmed it with someone else) that someone I know/knew very well, was willing to do something very harmful to me to try and move themselves up in the world. What a shocking thing to find out. This action would have certainly caused me great harm in both my professional and personal life; all to get ahead in their own life-standing. I feel hurt and violated, and still not sure how to take it. The worst part is that this threat to my life and reputation is still possible if this person wanted to go through with their plan. Thankfully I don't stand in the way of this person chasing their goal but it's still a scary thought.

What do you do with something like this? At first I wanted to be mad but that quickly turned to only being sad for this person and their life. Who could ever imagine that someone you liked and cared for as a friend could ever do something so deceitful and malicious? Not me, that's for sure.

All I can say is that I'm happy my life isn't intertwined with this person anymore. I'm happy I never have to deal with them again. And I'm relieved I got out of their way while I still could. But it still makes me sad that you have to be so careful when dealing with people. Where did our world go so wrong? What ever happened to trust and faith in your fellow human? Or maybe I'm humoring myself thinking there ever was such a peaceful time. Sad; so very sad.

9 Comments:

Blogger Swedish Mama said...

Sad to say, this isn't something new. Sadly we are all to often hurt by someone we thought we could trust. Maybe this person can realized they need to get rid of thier anger, jealousy, selfishness....what ever it is that is making them so unhappy.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

It was me wasn't it...

seriously though, Yikes! I'm glad you didn't get hurt.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Wow. I don't even know what to say to this. I'm so sorry.

I like to have faith and trust in people as well, and I have to believe that most people are deserving of that confidence. I guess some aren't.

Take care Sam.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

It was you, Kyle; you jerk. ;-)

But seriously, yeah it was pretty scary to realize all the different ways this thing could have gone. I still choose to be trusting, but this puts my eagerness to do so a little more aprehensive.

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thing is that I have felt similarly about a certain way that you have treated me. Life's a funny thing, I guess.

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a comment. If you feel this way, an anonymous comment is not the way to deal with it. If you truly know me, I am certain I never did "this" to you because I have never, nor could I ever, do the thing I posted about to another human being.

That aside, please give me a call or an email so we can talk, whoever you are. I've done some immature, stupid, idiotic, irrational, etc., things in my life that I am not proud of. (None of which even close to what I originally posted about, mind you.) If you knew me when I was in those loops, then I'm sure I owe you an apology. But I can't give it to air. Contact me. Please.
--Sam

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite honestly this is the only way I know how to contact you...and it doesn't matter anyway because you made it clear to me a long time ago that I am dead to you, so it doesn't even matter. Sorry to bother you with a dumb comment.

12:30 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Wow. Another big comment.

I just realized this is a joke and supposed to be funny. Anyone that knows me knows I would never use words like, 'dead to me'. Never have, never will. I can't even think of anyone I'd want to be dead. There are a few choice people, like my sister's first husband for example, that I would be fine never seeing again, but I get nothing out of them being dead; for real or even just to me.

So you got me. Well played. A bit odd in its presentation, but funny nonetheless.

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Papa D said...

In my humble opinion, if this was a joke , it was a really lousy joke. I don't know what to say either, because those kinds of things, if it as serious as you have intimated to us, only happen on "Law & Order".
As your Dad, I KNOW you've done some pretty, shall we say, 'bone headed' things in your youth, but you have become a good man, a man who can be trusted and who is honorable, a man I am proud to call my only son.
You can only pray and ask that God might change this man. Truly, Christ can - and deeply desires - to save even the worst among us. Jesus died for this man just as he did for the theives who hung with him on Calvary, and for US. We serve the All Powerful One who protects us even before we know we need protected, and who is big enough to thwart the most evil plots of men done in secret. I praise Him for protecting my son through the power of HIS Son.
Sermon over.
Love you Sam,
Dad

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home