Thursday, April 14, 2011

Eleven for Jen

A few months ago my friend Jen sent me an email about the origins of the term (and blog name), Eleven. I'm sure at one point I explained it, but I have no idea where or when. So here's another explanation.

My Grandpa used to use the term, "forty-eleven" to exaggeratedly (it's a word) describe a number either too large to be serious or on-purpose, too silly to be defined. At some point I shortened the word to, "eleven" and started using it myself in place of any number or answer I either didn't know the answer to or by just trying to be funny. It stuck and became known as my thing. It's funny after all these years I can still get people to believe me when I use it.


When I started blogging it only seemed right to name my blog, ELEVEN. And there's the story.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

LOVE the story Sam. thanks for sharing :)

2:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

and i think i emailed you forty-eleven months ago. i think.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Swedish Mama said...

Forty-eleven was Dad's answer whenever you would ask him how many of something he wanted. How many hot dogs do you want? Forty-eleven. How many people coming for Thanksgiving? Forty-eleven.

What would you like for supper? Food.

And of course, in response to any color type question: sky blue pink.

Probably more I can't remember, or won't repeat.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home