Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

It's official... I've had more beer than food over the last 24 hours. And I'm not done yet as tonight is Beer School at my house. Thank goodness for my Irish constitution.

It started last night when my new friend Beth called and asked me to come crash her ladies night at a local Mexican restaurant. After making fun of her for eating Mexican food so close to Irish day, I changed clothes and went to meet her. When I got to the restaurant I wasn't hungry, so instead I had a 32 ounce Dos Equis. Then the party moved to a karaoke bar where I had four Killian's beers while Beth proceeded to take over the microphone no matter who's turn it was. After more drinking (and other fun not to be mentioned on the www) I finally made it to bed at 3am.

I got up at 8am and welcomed the, "hair of the dog" with a Great Lakes Brewery Conway's Irish Ale. After showering I drove back to Salem and picked Beth up. We headed to Ohio's largest St. Patrick's Day party at O'Donald's Irish Pub where I switched to Guinness with my Reuben sandwich (my first and only food of the day). Then we drove to another bar in Boardman, Ohio and I went back to Killian's for a couple hours.

So if you're keeping track, it's almost 5pm now and according to my math I'm well over a 4:1 ration of beer to food. Isn't this a great day? Green clothes everywhere you look, lots and lots of good beer, good friends, and a day off work with pay. Oh yeah. If you haven't yet, go get your drink on, and a Happy St. Patrick's Day to all within sight of this post.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day, me Irish friend!

Unfortunately, today was probably the worst St. Patrick's Day I've ever had. I hope you had enough fun for the both of us, and it sounds like you did!

Slainte!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Swedish Mama said...

Fun can be had without beer. Nough said.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Sounds better than spending the night in redi-med. :)

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home