Saturday, August 25, 2012

I wish there were more writers. Scratch that. I wish more people would write.

(Those of you who use your blog for pictures, feel free to skip this post.)

I jumped into my blogroll this afternoon and dug deep... I mean, really deep. I opened every blog in every blogroll in every blog I clicked onto from my own. And then I clicked on every blog in those blogrolls and then those and then those and then those. Hours. And hours. And hours. I found old friends, friends I never knew had blogs, people I had used to L.O.V.E. reading but who had stopped writing in 2011. 2010. 2009. 2008. I even found a few people who had long ago abandoned blogging but recently found a new voice. It was glorious. And of course, thought inducing.

"Oh great, here goes Sam whining about blogging again." Cue the eye-rolling. Skip to the comments.

I'm done being friendly, i.e. dishonest, about it. I'm pissed people have walked away. That's just how I feel. It really is. I respect family and spouse and harassment reasons. That's it. The rest? Pathetic. Sorry. If blogging isn't detracting from real life or threatening family unity...... and you've had more than a couple people say they enjoy your written thoughts........ and you're still not writing? Annoying. I want to see into your writing soul and I want to see you challenge yourself by writing. Too many people walk away from blogging because they fancy themselves poor writers. Annoying. Truly. Here's your cyber-hug. Get over yourself. Now who is queuing up the eye rolling? 

I would love to say I cared about who and where I find people blogging. As the poster-child for it lately, it would make sense to read another rant like that from me. But... I don't. Sorry. Again. I'm done re-working my blogroll to try and capture active writers and delete missing folks. If I keep that up I'll be down to only a couple names. And I'm done adding great one's I find. No use recommending an inspiring person only to have them exit a few months in.

For a couple years now I've been trying to add a certain aspect to my life. Finding solutions to any and all of my bitching. Not just here but everything in my life. Makes no sense to complain and not at least try to find an answer. Here's my answer. Stop hiding. Stop being lazy. Stop letting your mind shrivel. Explore ideas. Imagine with words. Put yourself out there with written theatrics.

Dammit. I just want to read something else besides my own inner lunacy.

Probably lost a few with this post. *shrugs*

5 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

I admit it. I've been slacking. I'll try to get back on track this week.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey and Melissa said...

Try this one Sam. http://karenschubert.blogspot.com/

This is Jeff's cousin, and a wonderful writer. I am not sure why she is not on my blogroll...guess one of those things I overlooked :)

8:41 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey and Melissa said...

Oh, and another that I came across, but haven't had a chance to read much through yet. This is one of Jeff's former speech and debate team students. She is from Ohio, but now lives in Nairobi, Kenya. She is a witty and funny writer. Enjoy!
http://jillvsthevolcano.blogspot.com/

8:45 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Thanks, Melissa. You're awesome. :)

10:11 PM  
Anonymous jen said...

i miss blogging. and hope to return to it someday. i still enjoy reading yours, no matter what you think about the blog quitters ;)

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home