Friday, August 17, 2012

So much to say but where to start

For a couple weeks now I've had multiple ideas for blog posts pop into my head. So many in fact, I'm not sure what to write about first. I figure the best way to solve that problem is to just make a list. Here's some of the ideas I've had:
  • Thoughts about my Mom
  • Reflections on the local veterans' cemetery
  • More sharing about my new home, job, town, and state
  • Concerns about the statistics of second marriages
  • Answering the requests for my engagement story
  • The recent visit from our dear friends, the Phillips
  • My new car
  • The projects I've completed on my new house
  • Honoring the requests of the deceased, and if I agree with that idea
  • Changes in my view of adulthood
  • Art
  • Plans for our wedding
  • Something simple yet profound I've learned from Alli
Okay, that's a good beginning. Whoever still clicks on ELEVEN, feel free to comment your choice of topics and I'll start there.

I'll leave you with a picture of an amazing birthday present Alli spent days making for me:


13 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

um. (i love reading whatever you write about... but) that gigantic cigar is pretty awwwesome ;)

10:21 PM  
Anonymous jen said...

(and that unknown would be me, jen ;)

10:21 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Don't make me tease you by telling you that's a pipe and not a cigar. HeeHee

12:00 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Awesome gift! And, Happy Birthday!!

All of the topics sound awesome, specifically these four:

Honoring the requests of the deceased, and if I agree with that idea

Plans for our wedding

Thoughts about my Mom

Something simple yet profound I've learned from Alli

12:27 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Ugh. all of them!! ;) And yes, happy birthday and a wonderful year!!

12:31 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Ugh. all of them!! ;) And yes, happy birthday and a wonderful year!!

12:32 AM  
Anonymous Hollie said...

All of them. Maybe start at the top and work your way down! :) I'm sure it will be interesting.

2:30 AM  
Anonymous jen said...

ha!! as i was driving home from the grocery store this morning... i just realized... "i wrote cigar. duh. that's a pipe ;)" (i was hoping to come on here and add an 'and by cigar, i mean pipe' but you beat me to it ;) tease away!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey and Melissa said...

All of them sound great! I wish I had more time in my day to blog. Now that home school has started back up, I can read other blogs in between lessons, so I would love to see some new thoughts on your page!! Hope all is well with you, Sam.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

And I kinda think we should all pick topics from your list and blog about them and then we can compare ideas...ya know, since it was such a fascinating list!!

IE: Can I steal your topics when my brain is fried. Which is always.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Now there's an idea, Adrienne. Things that make you go hmm....

9:13 PM  
Blogger Swedish Mama said...

interesting--details on the plaque construction please!!!! You Dad would love that it is on dark stained pine!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Can I rank them based on my reaction:


Reflections on the local veterans' cemetery (FART NOISE)

More sharing about my new home, job, town, and state (Yes please)

Concerns about the statistics of second marriages
(Ewww, drama- do that!)



The recent visit from our dear friends, the Phillips
Yes, with photos!!!!


The projects I've completed on my new house
Yes!


Honoring the requests of the deceased, and if I agree with that idea
stir the pot

Changes in my view of adulthood-maybe???

Art- fo sho

Plans for our wedding -yep!

Something simple yet profound I've learned from Alli-
What? That women are allowed to vote?

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home