Monday, July 16, 2007

Vacations, Loans, and Volkswagens

July is here. The month I don't get to breath at work. Between the last week of June through the first week of August, there's only one week I'm not filling in for somebody while they're on vacation. That means I still have to do all the work required for my position, and I'm on the teller line the entire week. In a word, sucks. I come in early and go home late and I still have so much work left on my desk at the end of every day.

I must apologize for the lack of Funny last week. I even had some pretty funny Friday the 13th jokes to share and never got to it. I had four loans to process and sign and book all on Friday. To put that in perspective for you non-bank geeks, a loan takes at least a day or two to process and at least an hour of paperwork preparation. And I did four just on Friday.

The annual Buckeye German Jubilee was this past weekend. The show gets smaller every year, and we haven't camped out there in a couple years, but it's still my own little mecca to the holy land. Many cool Vee-Dubs and some really cool people. It's the one time a year I can be around a whole bunch of people who just plain ol' get the VW mentality.

Well, I'm off. I had a few minutes to write and I needed to take a little brain break. I love being busy and having a lot of work to do. I thrive in those situations. But I hate knowing there's no way of getting out. It's hard to be motivated when there's no actual ending to feel accomplishment over. Oh well, another day another dollar.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

I did indeed miss the Friday Funny!

I hope you make it through your busyness in one piece;-)

7:29 PM  
Blogger kimw said...

I hear ya loud and clear on the V-Dub stuff! I love mine and will never, ever own another car. EVER. I. LOVE. MY. BEETLE.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

I love your Beetle too, Kim!

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home