Monday, May 04, 2009

Some thoughts on miles

Last week I mentioned I was in Atlanta. And I vaguely mentioned I drove. Seven hundred plus miles is one long drive by yourself. Yikes.

On the way back I joined a little caravan of cars going 80-90 mph from the southern end of West Virginia all the way to New Philly, Ohio on I-77. What a crazy couple hundred miles those were.

I took the first steps (literally) on accomplishing a fifteen year old dream... that's right, the Appalachian Trail. I was hoping to run into Geeza & Topshelf (Mike and Roxanne), but they were a few days and about fifty miles away. So I walked a half mile north and then back south. Pretty awesome.

Weddings bring people in from miles and miles away. Jonathan and Megan got married this weekend and there were people in attendance from California, Colorado, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and North Carolina. And those were just the plates I saw in the parking lot or knew from the guest list; I bet there were more.

Sunday we drove to Bluffton University to see my friend, Kyle graduate from college. Adding another two hundred fifty miles to an already busy driving week was too much. I was so drained at work today I fell asleep at my desk. That's what lunch breaks are for, right?

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

got to love the south! That is a long drive!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

got to love the south! That is a long drive!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Oh man, I didn't even think to try and meet up with you, Dave. That stinks. How close are you to 77? No wait, don't tell me. If it's super close then I'll be really bummed. Next time, right?

1:22 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

Dude thanks for coming to my graduation. that was a pretty awesome surprise. it made me happy to see all of you guys there. sorry i couldn't hang out after.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Wouldn't have missed it for the world, friend. Miles or no miles, I wasn't going to miss being there for you. Love ya, brother.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I just gotta say...sometimes Seven hundred plus miles not by yourself is sometimes longer! :)

And, lunch breaks are not for sleeping. They are for eating. Meetings are for sleeping.

Unless you eat during the meeting then you can sleep during lunch.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home