Saturday, May 29, 2010

So what's up?

Here's my health update... I went to the Doctor's on Wednesday and she was quite pleased with the fact that my swelling had gone completely down. My last day for the steroid pills is today so we are in a wait-and-see time to determine if that was just masking a bigger problem. If the swelling comes back and/or the joint pain returns, then it's off to a Rheumatologist to see what the underlying problem is. I have confidence I'm all better but there is a faint fear in the back of my mind. The next few days will either confirm or deny that fear.

Here's my Dad's health update... On Wednesday they were finally able to follow through with the kidney surgery and removed three masses of infection. He is scheduled for another surgery on the other side next week. I doubt it was wonderful news to find out the masses were infectious versus plain old kidney stones, but I'm just glad they are out of his body. As of yesterday he is in a Nursing Home to recover. I talked to him last night and he was having a lot of pain from the surgery spot and from the horrible bed they had him in, but hopefully both of those can be remedied today. Otherwise, he has a lot of his strength back but not nearly all of it, or even enough to take care of himself. Despite that and all the other problems, I have this unexplainable confidence he will get better. I told him the same last night. I'm clinging to that.

Thank you to each and all who have been thinking and praying for me and my Dad. It is much appreciated and accepted. You all rock.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for the update sam!! so happy to hear both you and your dad are getting better!!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

thanks for the update. I am glad to hear you are feeling better.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home