Sunday, September 05, 2010

$70

That's how much you can buy a brand new toilet for. Seriously.

While the rest of my life seems to be unravelling, my toilet decided to take a shit as well. (See what I did there?) So I headed to the Home store this morning to buy the parts to fix it. I grabbed a repair kit and saw a price of 21.something. Across the aisle I saw a huge sign advertising a Labor Day toilet sale with a bright orange $70 underneath it. After I laughed at the thought of Labor Day being the, replace-your-toilet-holiday, I started to re-evaluate my options. Of course replacing a toilet is much more involved and more expensive than the seventy dollar price tag would belie, so I went with the repair kit. But it does give me a better idea on budgeting for a bathroom redo. Maybe this winter.

5 Comments:

Blogger HennHouse said...

I know someone who is handy with re-dos. He put all my speaker wires behind the walls today. And he moved the TV. And is building a new window seat.

And you can have him for the bargain price of six, cold, Great Lakes, Octoberfest.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Kind of ironic when you think about - a nice meal out can cost $70, a good pair of boots, heck, even a torn pair of jeans, a hair do, a month of starbucks, an event ticket, a toy...but for that same 7 tens you can buy a medium size porcelain bowl you'll use every day for many, many years.

Don't overtighten the bolts though or you'll be doubling your cost. :)

Hope you are doing okay -- life sounds rough and tough...but I think your sister (I stalk her incredible blog) said it best when she said, "I firmly believe God will give you exactly MORE than you can handle."

2:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Got a funny story about a little kid in the midst of potty training when him and his mom went to a home repair store. The mom was looking at paint when she saw her son drop pants in the plumbing section and proceed to wiz in a toilet on display.

I wonder how much a slightly used toilet goes for?

8:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ha! so glad to see you post, even if it is about the toliet ;)

1:30 PM  
Blogger Swedish Mama said...

After you practice on your new throne, you are welcome to do a redo at my house. I have thot often of replacing mine.

Not sure people remember why we have Labor Day. Most seem to think it is to cause those in retail to work.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home