Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dissolution

A have some news to share. Some or most of you already know what's going on in my life, but may have questions. To answer those questions and to inform those who don't know is the purpose of this post.

My dear Ell has left me and our marriage will soon be dissolved.

My desire is not for anyone to be mad at her, to feel sorry for me, or any other action that causes sides to be taken or blame placed. The core of what went wrong was that Ell and I didn't protect our marriage. We forgot that one another should have been more important than anything else in the world.

I've waited this long to post the news for a couple reasons. The first is out of respect for Ell. She posted her own pseudo-announcement last week so that frees my protection of her privacy. The second reason was not wanting this nightmare played out on something so public as the internet. But I have a family out here in the blogosphere and although it's smaller than it used to be, I wanted to give that family the opportunity to hear the news on the place the binds us together.

I doubt I'll speak more about this here on Eleven because it's not the appropriate place for conversations of this nature. You are welcome to email me, though. I'm not a closed book and will answer questions if asked.

I now must learn how to move on.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Love you, Sam. Praying for peace for you as you begin to move on.

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Amy said...

Praying for you, Sam. Keep your faith, and courage.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i admire you, sam. and the words you write. such grace surrounds you. prayers are headed your way.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sam seeing what you wrote reminded me of your great courage and gentle spirit. I was am and will continue to lift you up to Jesus as often as I can remember.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Wish I had words. However, the previous comments have all been just perfect!

2:42 PM  
Blogger ChelChel said...

Sam- Thanks for sharing...We are here for you...

9:57 PM  
Blogger Swedish Mama said...

Your Dad and I love you greatly and are praying for you.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Sam please know that our hearts go out to you and we are praying for you.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Dave and Betsy's Blog said...

Sam - you know how Dave and I feel about you. We're here for you, always.

Bets

9:58 PM  
Blogger GUYK said...

It happens Sam and most of the time for the very reason you name. My wife and I will be divorced on Jan 14, 2011...a marriage that lasted 47 years with the last 30 years more as good friends than soul mates.

We are parting as good friends wanting each other to be happy. I hope that you and Ell are doing the same.

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home