Wednesday, November 28, 2012

2 days delayed

I wrote out this long diatribe about bad friends, but I think I'll leave a heavy post like that until after NaBlo.

I like that there's so much discussion about simplifying and unplugging. I really like Andrew's story. I think more unplugging, on purpose or by accident, has the potential to slow people down and bring them together. I love how that looks. Some of the most beautiful moments in my life have been with close friends, lights dimmed, around a fire or by candlelight, just talking and sharing our lives with each other in conversation.

On another note that is exactly opposite the idea of simplification... I bought my first ever Powerball Lottery ticket last night. I know all the odds, but the anticipation (and eminent follow-up laughter) is worth the two dollars. :)

I am really going to miss not writing every day. This has been fun ladies. Seriously.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

I'm hoping we can keep the blogging going after NaBlo ends. Perhaps not daily, but definitely more often. It's been awesome!

11:46 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I hope you win....and I hope you consider me a close friend....

1:24 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

always enjoy reading!! (btw... i couldn't get the laptop to turn on today... i made 2 batches of icing, filled and ran the dishwasher, did a load of laundry, and read... amazing what i can do with out the darn distraction of the internet ;)

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home